Still waiting for summer?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting for summer?

We all seem to be talking about the Autumn...............so where did the summer go?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

It was here afraid to say we have had a really good summer. I know its been dismal for other parts of the country and that can be so depressing and spoils lots of arranged events.

Its been glorious sunny weather at Sandgate by the sea !
    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Well compared with the last 2 years this year has not been bad at all, waiting for rain at the moment to refill me butts.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        We all seem to be talking about the Autumn...............so where did the summer go?
        I was beginning to wonder that myself Snadger ......... I am still waiting for even just one ripe tomato (all in pots outside).

I can't help my eyes wandering to Herts (previous garden of 30+ years) on the map when I watch the weather on the telly.

Please tell me, Snadger, that this has been a bad year up here and isn't the norm
        Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
        Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

We had two or three wet and windy weeks here, which was great to replenish the water supplies, other than that it has been, and still is bloomin' marvelous!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

We've had 3 weeks of gales and heavy rain followed by 3 weeks of heat & drought. I'd like a happy medium please
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

No heat and drought here

Comment

It hasn't been too bad in Surrey (compared to previous years at any rate!). I'm about to get a sharp shock, I reckon, as it ALWAYS rains in Bolton and I'll be there later this week!

Comment

Allegedly its going to be 29 degrees in Kent tomorrow, but knowing our luck it will be accompanied by thick cloud cover and be muggy rather than hot. Ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                    Allegedly its going to be 29 degrees in Kent tomorrow, but knowing our luck it will be accompanied by thick cloud cover and be muggy rather than hot. Ah well.
                    Hoping it stay nice. We have the Venetian Carnival on the Royal Military Canal tomorrow
                    BumbleB

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
                      Hoping it stay nice. We have the Venetian Carnival on the Royal Military Canal tomorrow
                      On a weekday? What good is that??

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                        On a weekday? What good is that??
                        Its every 2 years, same day etc. It starts at 3 and goes on til midnight with firework extravaganza. The decorated floats go down the canal twice. In the late afternoon and again at 9ish, all the stalls and attractions go on into the evening. Its a great event
                        venetian fete programme
                        BumbleB

Comment

We've had rain (including two flash flood nearly closing roads), storms, winds, muggy, blah, meh and around 6 or 7 sunny hot days (enough to scorch the plants that didn't know what hit them) spread over three months.

Oh, and also a smattering of ugh - where the sun was occasionally visible above rain clouds but gave no real warmth. It has been downright cold in the evenings.

The Venetian Carnival sounds great fun! *crosses fingers for good weather for you*

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
                            Its every 2 years, same day etc. It starts at 3 and goes on til midnight with firework extravaganza. The decorated floats go down the canal twice. In the late afternoon and again at 9ish, all the stalls and attractions go on into the evening. Its a great event
                            venetian fete programme
                            I'd never heard of it before, sounds like a good event. Hope the weather is as promised for you, not as I predicted

Comment

Trust G4 to rub it in Today's a beauty and tomorrow supposed to be even better!
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X