No announcement yet.

Being unemployed is a right kick in the plums

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've just been dumped by my girlfriend - one of the reasons was that i don't go out to work - means i don't have a structured life like hers - makes us incompatible apparently ....
    i have my own business that earns money, but not enough money - i do need to get a proper job too cos it's too boring being stuck at home .......
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevnsue View Post
      .... along with the items in my photo album,hoping for some good luck for a change
      Kev, your wooden pens etc are terrific. Where/how have you tried selling them?
      eBay?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Kev, your wooden pens etc are terrific. Where/how have you tried selling them?
        eBay?
        Cheers two sheds,i sell them thru local paper and word of mouth and recomendations,they dont make enough on ebay and people wont pay my reserve prices/or pay for del.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
          i've just been dumped by my girlfriend - one of the reasons was that i don't go out to work - means i don't have a structured life like hers - makes us incompatible apparently ....
          i have my own business that earns money, but not enough money - i do need to get a proper job too cos it's too boring being stuck at home .......
          FG, I am sorry that you lost your girlfriend, I really am, but ( and I say this with a big hug and love to go with it ) GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GO FIND SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR TIME! Your ex is absolutely right.. I can hear the conversations between the 2 of you ringing around in my head.
          I realise the job market is tough just now, but do some volunteering and go on a training course. This gets you started and you meet new people too. I know so many people who found full time and part time work (whichever they were after) from doing these 2 things. September is when the colleges start their new courses. Don't worry about being a bit late off the mark. Go see your closest 2 or 3 further education colleges and see what they have to offer. You will still be allowed to join as the first couple of weeks are mostly inductions and getting to know each other. You won't be behind everyone else. And then go find a place to volunteer at. Think about what you enjoy doing and what you are good at doing and look for things that can incorporate this.
          A friend of mine decided she wanted to work with teenagers, but didn't fancy being involved with schools, so she went to her nearest Air Cadets Group and volunteered as a Civilian Instructor. She is now running the place, and got a great job as a team leader in a large company through someone she met at Cadets and got the job because of her confidence and leadership skills which she got from her cadet work, she was always a bit of a shy one before she volunteered. She also met her husband through Cadets too and he is a fantastic guy. Her life really got turned around.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by funstuie View Post
            We will see how it pans out but it's not an ideal situation as I am now going to be seeing less of my son during the week as I will leave not long after her gets up in the morning and get home just as he is going to bed in the evenings.

But we have to take the rough with the smooth and hope it all works out OK.
            TOH used to work in town - to get to work he had to comute, nothing strange in that but like most who comute because the buses and trains are lest than reliable he would be out of the house for a good 12hrs a day - and that is before the weeks (and yes - I did mean plural) he spent abroad on work.

My eldest was a brand new baby, maybe 6 weeks old, during one of these trips. I had baby blues and life was hell. I came damn close to trying to kill my child - I remember screaming at her and dropping her onto our bed, running away and phoning my Dad - I think Mum must have broken every speed limit going to get to us! But you survive, life will sort itself out. My case is pobably extreme but the point is this - I didn't matter what we would have prefered - that job paid the mortgage.

If it is that or don't pay the mortgage then DO IT!

We are now lucky - TOH changed jobs, the hours plus driving (out of town job) were actually worse but the pay better, we have since moved such that he is only 15 mis from home. Perfect for us.

Just because what you have been offered is not perfect is irrelivent. You have a job, your home is now safe and that is the most important thing, everything else can be worked out.
            The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X