Advice needed re Bizarre Mail...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, odd indeed

One way you might be able to find out if it's a genuine mistake is to look them up on the electoral roll, in case whoever it is has an address similar to yours. Hopefully it's just that, rather than something sinister, but I must say in your place I'd be spooked too. Here's the link

Find People - UK Electoral Roll Search
    http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Yer but, 3 sims in 3 weeks; from 3 different companies.......either someone has communication issues or it's some sort of scam that needs nipping in the bud asap.

Comment

So Tesco mobile assured you it couldn't cost you any money unless you used them & that you were technically breaking the law interfering with someone elses post...posted to your house!
        Did they not take the time to explain how come they were sent to a fictional person at your adress???
        I'm sure once melted they will be of no use,but like you I'd still be worried about it,especially after the problem you had before.
        Out of interest,did they actually find out who was using your account details last time?Were they putting money onto phones linked to the companies you've got new sims for?
        I don't really know,but hope you get to the bottom of it!x
        Last thought...do companies send out random SIMs as a marketting ploy?

BTW...any annoyance detected in the first bit is aimed at Tesco's not you!!!x
        Last edited by di; 16-08-2009, 09:38 AM.
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I wouldn't just bin them. Strike them through as not know at this address and post them back. It sounds to me as if someone Is using your address (or perhaps has taken something from your bin), and is ordering things. If you're not already, go ex directory and sign up to the mail preference service.
          If you don't already, invest in a little shredder (I think you can pick them up for about £20), and shred all personal documents, rather than just binning them, and keep a close eye on your account.
          Sometimes people order these sim cards, and they are then used during the course of criminal activities (the address is not connected to them).
          Sorry to sound so paranoid, but I just don't think you can be too careful with your personal information these days

Comment

There is a scam involving this, but I can't for tyhe life of me remember what it is. Have to go back to boffining now, but will try and do some research when I get back to pooter. Ridiculous that Tesco said you were 'interfering with mail'. dur!

Comment

I would have been inclined to return them to sender as 'unknown at this address' too. There is obviously something fishy going on here, so a trip to the police makes sense to me too.
              Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 17-08-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
                Is it possible it was somebody who lived there a long time ago, we still get mail for somebody who left this address over 10 years ago, even after informing the companies involved that they no longer live here.
                We keep getting letters for the previous occupant. Someone trying to sell her life insurance. Unfortunately she died about five years ago

I returned the last one with the words "Deceased. Please update your records." written in big bold letters on it. Hopefully someone will at least feel embarassed about it.
                Urban Escape Blog

Comment

How old are your kids? And do they have friends with, let us say, an active imagination? These cards often come with a couple of quid in free credit, you can easily apply for them on the internet, but are limited to X number per household. Occasionally a child will come up with the idea of using the free credit then chucking them away when it's used. When they've run out of SIM providers for their own address they may start sending them to their friends' houses with a promise from the friend that they'll pass them on. My daughter tried this when she was about 14, fortunately her first 'victim' was my mum, so we nipped it in the bud pretty quickly.
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X