No announcement yet.

A new use for Sudocrem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boots still sell "Zinc and castor oil cream", which is cheaper than Sudocrem, and similar advantages.
    Great on sweat rash (and to spare the sensitive I won't say where the sweat rash is)....
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      we'd better take this thread to a quiet corner
      I don't think it would stay quiet for long, do you?

Comment

When i went to Tescos to buy Sudocreme recently, i was chatting merrily away about using it on the horse and the assistant took it off me and said they cannot legally sell it if you intend to use it on animals- wierd or what?

Comment

it probably not licensed for that use so they are legally obliged to tell you, then if you use it it is at your own risk
          Thought For The Day
          If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
          Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Originally posted by phil the shed View Post
            damn fine relief for sweaty chef's @rse too :-)
            Originally posted by enrich100 View Post
            just a thought, to save the pennies couldn't you use Hellmann's mayonnaise instead its about the same thickness
            We use "Rich's" "Finest" mayo!! only £8:90 a 5ltr tub, and pretty good stuff!!, as for the "chefs bottom" problem, circumvent rash by liberally dusting chuff with cornflour!!, problem solved, (do not under any circumstances mention this to customers!!, or take a very hot shower!!)
            Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

On the subject of Mayonnaise, does anyone know where I can get 'D+L' Mayo (other than Calais!) - it's soooooooooooo delish, it makes that disgusting H*llman's stuff taste like paint !
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

MY DH was brought up on sudocrem, my lovely mum in law swears by it - we've always had a jar in our non-existent medicine cabinet - just in case.
                PS Never heard of using it on horses - must mention it to my mate Julie...................she has two, horses that is............
                Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 12-08-2009, 07:57 PM.
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Always used it on the babies' bums, never heard of using it on horses, or GSD's for that matter. But it is good stuff

Comment

Sudocrem...............orrible stuff!!!!!!!!! brings me out in a rash!

Nope sorry, can't get away with it.......even on chips!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I use Superdrugs version of E45 on everything. Very similar to Sudocreme but a hell of a lot cheaper.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

sudocrem is amazing on sunburn

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                          Always used it on the babies' bums, never heard of using it on horses, or GSD's for that matter. But it is good stuff
                          Ideal on small wounds or itchy scabs. I've got a mare with Sweet Itch (midge allergy) and it's a Godsend. It's also brilliant if they have thrush in their hooves. Clears it up a treat. Now I've witnessed first hand how ace it is, I understand why people recommend it for Sweet Itch rubs!

I told the lady in Sainsbury's that I wanted the HUGE tub as it was for horses and she didn't seem to mind! I've also asked for eyedrops for horse use, too. That depends on the pharmacist. I have been known to walk out of one pharmacy, rub my eye like mad and walk into the next one, lol. Well, chloramphenicol is £10 through the vet and £5 at the chemist!!

Comment

Number 1 son managed to graze himself on his football shorts (they 'rode up', he says) first time he's had sudocreme in that area since he was in nappies, but it apparently still works (I let him do it himself this time round so couldn't really comment)
                            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

G4 don't you go buying any mayo that's not made using free range, dig dig say no more...

I use E45 on me and Sudocrem on the animals, the pharmacist is also used to me asking for liquid paraffin for the cat
                              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by enrich100 View Post
                                just a thought, to save the pennies couldn't you use Hellmann's mayonnaise instead its about the same thickness
                                Mayonnaise is very good for the skin, right ph and you can make your own. Don't know about the vinegar on sore bits though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X