I'm supporting the lads!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
    Two boxes are even better TS! I was thinking of weighing mine on the kitchen scales but not sure they go up to 2kg unless I weigh each item seperately.
    Don't forget to weigh the box, and any wrapping you intend to put around it. Also allow for the whole being greater than the sum of the parts (Flanders and Swann "By Air", 'weighed everything including the case, added it together, 40lbs, got to the airport, 50lbs')
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Good point Hilary B, hadn't thought of that
      AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
        Don't forget to weigh the box, and any wrapping you intend to put around it.
        I did. I send out loads of parcels for eBay, so I am used to weighing stuff ... I actually think the Evil Post Office Witch had her finger on the scales (why are PO staff so miserable?)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'm off to a flying start with my parcels. Spoke to nice lady at local shoe shop - she is letting me have 20 boxes tomorrow night - for free. I went into local charity shop this afternoon - as soon as they knew where my (4) books were going, they were extremely kind and let me have a carrier back stuffed with virtually new books! for the grand sum of £0! Aren't people kind?
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
            .. Aren't people kind?
            They are indeed and I can tell you first hand that the troops really do love to know we are all thinking about them - and it makes me cry with pride at the generosity of so many of you

Snowdrop is going to put on his papers:
            Extra Duties - Santa
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

you lot have made me feel really guilty, i was sending out boxes every other day when my daughter was out there,...... why have i stoped just because shes home safely......... so it looks like im off to the shoe shops again tomorrow for more boxes, thanks everyone for the kick up the bottom i needed, xxx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X