No announcement yet.

I have the lurgy!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of appetite today, but headache has gone.

To be honest if we didn't have to be responsible and hide away, I'd be much happier knowing I could pop out if I wanted to. I don't know if taking the Tamiflu has helped and reduced the effects, but I certainly don't have a strong strain of whatever flu it is.

Fortunately my favourite tipple is hot water, so while I'm not hungry I can still enjoy a lovely hot water.

I hope you recover soon and don't pass it onto other members of the family.

Comment

Thanks Dottie! You too. Keep enjoying that hot water! water is about all I can tollerate at the moment too, I actually gagged when I opened the fridge door earlier!
      I'm still considering weather to actually take the Tamiflu or not, In my case I'm thinking rest, lots of fluids and paracetamol is the best thing, I have no other health issues.
      It's a bit cak having to stay at home (especially for the kids) and I can't go to work for 7 days which means no money (I am a bank nurse).
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I hope you both get well soon, I've managed to avoid it so far.............
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I never taken things in the past, but as I have another illness these days I thought I best take the Tamiflu. As a nurse you'll know better than I if it's needed or not, but I do feel that I either had a very mild flu or the tamiflu worked really well and quickly.

I only just realised after sending off my previous post and saying I'd couldn't eat anything today, that actually yesterday I disliked everything that I tried to eat. I just thought it was the food, rather than my taste buds due to the flu.

I know what you mean about feeling you want to gag, but I forced myself to eat something as brunch, as I didn't want to take the Tamiflu on an empty stomach. Should have taken it earlier, but just couldn't do brekkie.

Comment

Sorry to hear your suffering hopefully you will get over it really quickly

Ive decided that I don't want swine flu as its getting a bit common

I've decided If im going to get an illness I will order a Guinea Pig sniffle
            or maybe a Gloucester Old Spot Cold

Just so you know the word that I edited was flippin but I didn't want to offend
            Thought For The Day
            If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
            Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

*Chuckle!!

Comment

SO sorry to hear your news lainey lou and dottie, I believe that it takes 5 days to get rid of if you take the tablets. Hope that you are soon feeling better.
                Well done enrich 100 with the jokes - made me laugh!
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Are you the First Vine to fall to it? Hope its not too bad and you get well soon.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Just a word of advice to you all regarding swine flu

Avoid unnessesary contact at work

Make sure all food is cooked fully before feeding it to your family

If you are diagnosed with Swine Flu always take the correct medication

Make sure all childrens are told about swine flu but in away that won't give them nightmares
                    Thought For The Day

Comment

LOL enrich, they are brilliant!
                      Feeling slightly more human today, less pain and headache gone, hopefully the worst is past now!

Comment

glad your feeling better and i'm glad you liked the pics, not to make light of your illness but I always things look better when your laughing or smiling
                        Thought For The Day

Comment

Originally posted by enrich100 View Post
                          glad your feeling better and i'm glad you liked the pics, not to make light of your illness but I always things look better when your laughing or smiling
                          Too right, no point "wallowing" in it -boom boom!
                          I've enjoyed your jokes very much!

Comment

Get well soon all you G.Y.Oers, hope you'll all be back gardening soon.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X