No announcement yet.

Adverts on TV

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that advert about bazooka that verruca, especially when ur tucking into yer tea.....
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Don't have a telly and when I do find myself unavoidably watching it (usually when babysitting) I end up furious about at least one of the ads and having a rant on here (Lellie Kelly shoes, anything with the words 'You Deserve....' in the spiel, that awful man who tries to make everyone take up armchair roulette, the 'beauty' stuff with small print; '47% of 36 people agree' and 'model filmed with lash inserts, enhanced in post production'). So it's probably ironic that I'm here to confess to falling head over heels in love with Alexander the Meercat. Sorry, but he's gorgeous. Simples!
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I love those Makeup ones where they have a survey of 121 people....is it worth buying the stuff if they could only interview 121 people.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
          Don't have a telly and when I do find myself unavoidably watching it (usually when babysitting) I end up furious about at least one of the ads and having a rant on here (Lellie Kelly shoes, anything with the words 'You Deserve....' in the spiel, that awful man who tries to make everyone take up armchair roulette, the 'beauty' stuff with small print; '47% of 36 people agree' and 'model filmed with lash inserts, enhanced in post production'). So it's probably ironic that I'm here to confess to falling head over heels in love with Alexander the Meercat. Sorry, but he's gorgeous. Simples!
          I love Alexander!!! The best ads on telly
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Ooohhh Yes....

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
            Alexander the Meercat. Sorry, but he's gorgeous. Simples!
            I LOVE him!

What bugs me about the commercials is that the volume goes up when they come on....is it so you can hear them whilst you're putting the kettle on in the kitchen?

Jules

PS have you visited www.comparethemeerkat.com ? It's cool.
            Last edited by julesapple; 03-08-2009, 09:40 PM.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
              I love those Makeup ones where they have a survey of 121 people....is it worth buying the stuff if they could only interview 121 people.
              it cos the next 380 people couldn't stand the stuff they decided to call it a day
              Thought For The Day
              If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
              Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Oh, brilliant! I've just been to the website and it's been dully forwarded to many peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post

I love Alexander!!! The best ads on telly
                  He is rather lovely isn't he? I actually used the website to compare my car insurance, for the first time ever. Yes, I did save some money too.
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                    He is rather lovely isn't he? I actually used the website to compare my car insurance, for the first time ever. Yes, I did save some money too.
                    No...you're on the wrong site! That's comparethemarket.com...no wonder Alexander gets cross...you need Compare the Meerkat!

Jules
                    on behalf of Alexander.
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                      No...you're on the wrong site! That's comparethemarket.com...no wonder Alexander gets cross...you need Compare the Meerkat!

Jules
                      on behalf of Alexander.
                      Actually I used both! I got a picture of a knitting meerkat on the beach at Weston Super Mare. Fabulous!
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

If you're on Bookface you can add Aleksander as a friend I think, or at least become a fan of his page.

My advert bug-bear is clearly made-up words.

"pro-tensium"
                        "bifidus digestivum"
                        "bifidus acti-regularis"

Et cetera, et cetera.

It's all boswellox!
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

"We will send you a gold processing kit"......read envelope....
                          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

My current favourite advert for a BBC documentary:

YouTube - Walk On The Wild Side - Alan
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X