Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the strangest present you've ever been bought?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once unwrapped a book on Christmas morning to find it was from the library Not even a 'withdrawn for sale' one. Had to take it back myself
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

A digerydoo last Christmas
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

When we had no spare cash, presents between DH and myself were always things we needed anyway. For my birthday I once got an extra long handled spark plug undoer (that's the technical name). It was actually the last gift he bought me before he died and I'm sure if he'd known, it would have been something different, although it was incredibly useful when I had to get the car going myself! To be fair he did buy me some wonderful gifts at other times!
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

My aunt who was known for getting things from Bargain Bins, gave my sister 6 pairs of spotty electric blue stockings for Christmas one year. Mum tried to exchange them but apparently they were stock from 4 years ago and cost 5p per pair (very embaressing). Needless to say they were never worn!
          Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
          Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

I'm the Queen of odd pressies:

haylage for winter
            wheelbarrow
            fire engines (sadly, model ones)
            pair of safety specs with LED lights left and right (which I thought were really naff, but then I took them to work and discovered they were brilliant for plumbing in our purification equipment in the refrigerated, dark, cabinet!).

Hmmm, not so much wierd, but practical (apart from the fire engines!), lol!

Comment

A pig :-).........
              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

My best friend once bought me a raw sheep's fleece (and I do mean raw, as in twigs and sheep-poo still adhering). Also a spindle and carding combs. It's why she's my best friend, she really knows what I'd enjoy having a go at. Later she bought me two books on natural dying so I could dye the wool I'd spun with ingredients from my garden and lottie.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

In the last few years, I've had wellies, a wheelbarrow, a push-mower and various other things that have been useful to me on the plot, others my think that's strange but I was thrilled with these gifts (I know you lot will understand).
                  When my Nan was still alive, she was the queen of random pressies, she once bought my sister a doorbell (???!!!) and the thing that most sticks in my mind was receiving 2 pairs of knickers, one in a size 8 and one in a size 16 - I am a size 12!
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                    A pig :-).........
                    What a fab pressie! Lucky you!
                    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Six pair's of boxer shorts...my OH's brother got the labels mixed up at christmas once....OH looked fab in the nighty that was meant for me though
                      Last edited by ginger ninger; 03-08-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

a minocular

Comment

For Christmas my Canadian Aunt once bough my two brothers and me a black posing-pouch each!
                          We must have been about 12, 14 and 16yrs at the time.

My gran once gave me a large mug, a duster and a spurtle (spelling. One of those sticks for stirring porridge)! I think she forgot it was my birthday and just grabbed what she had in the cupboard.
                          Last edited by OllieMartin; 03-08-2009, 09:18 PM.
                          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                          Snadger - Director of Poetry
                          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X