What would you say Flossie is worth?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Is that the squared version which was replaced by the heavier, slower GTI ??
    ..if so- I had one of those for 8 years. ( hard top and silver)
    Think it was much more nippy than the next one in the series.
    I used to be able to fit 6 bales of shavings in it no problem!!!!
    Fingers crossed for you that it's worth quite a bit now...I certainly thoroughly enjoyed driving mine- and I bet anyone into 'old' ( would you call in Vintage 'at 24 yrs???) cars would have fun driving it.
    Was comfy too if I recall!
    Yup, Flossie is indeed the oldest style and one of the earliest 1.8 GTI's. If she was a tin-top, she would have been a MK2 but due to weakness of the MK2 bodyshell they were never made as a convertible.

I can get loads of odd shaped stuff in Flossie - I drop the top and bung it in
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I dread to think what you'd been offered..... 10p ??
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I doubt they'd give you the market value of the car.

I'd look at the enthusiasts websites if you're looking to sell her. I'm guessing they offered you sub - £500, when in reality you'd probably get nearer £1000-£1250 selling to the right people.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Come on tell the suspense is killing lol
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

How much do you get for trading in an old car these days ???...(something the government are offering if you buy a new car)??
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

They valued her at £130

She is not for sale and is not likely to be for sale for a long time yet. I was offered £5k for her a week or so after I bought her and she has been restored since then so deffo worth a fair whack.
              Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 29-07-2009, 01:51 PM.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Cheeky... And I bet that included any tax refund due! You'd get more than that from a breaker!
                Good job you're not desperate for cash Shirley

Comment

LOL, I wouldn't sell Flossie if we were desperate for cash! The boys would be first to be sold
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Gosh, if you can find somewhere that will pay cash for the kids, I'd like to hear of it!

Make: Wix
                    Model: Male
                    Mileage: Well below average...

Comment

They must be worth something in some country
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

Have you emailed Madonna?
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                          Oh boy!! I just watched a TV commercial and decided to find out how much I would be offered for Flossie - by webuyanycar.com

How much do you reckon I got offered for a 24 year old Mk1 Golf 1.8GTI cabrio in bronze - in excellent condition with a full MOT and pretty much a full service history?
                          Keep it another year and it becomes an offical Veteran car, apparently

Zebedee
                          "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Originally posted by zebedee View Post
                            Keep it another year and it becomes an offical Veteran car, apparently
                            I plan to keep her for at least another 24 years
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                              They valued her at £130

She is not for sale and is not likely to be for sale for a long time yet. I was offered £5k for her a week or so after I bought her and she has been restored since then so deffo worth a fair whack.
                              B****y h**l! What an insult! I hope you gave them what for! When a not so nice chap wrote off my MGBGT I was only offered the market price for him, (the car, not the chap!) good job I got a (small) amount for my injuries - made up for the lack of £ for the car.
                              I suppose in the real world, a car is only worth what someone would pay for it, in OUR real world, our cars are priceless.

Flossie and Henry are priceless!

PS Henry is classic so I dont pay car tax for him
                              Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 29-07-2009, 05:52 PM. Reason: PS
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I assume you have agreed value insurance for Henry too?
                                Happy Gardening,
                                Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X