favourite food

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favourite food

I was looking at the excellent thread on "Is there anything you've never eaten but want to try?" and realised there's tons of things I havent tried.

I thought it might be easier to say what I do like. I recently went to a Persian restaurant in Birmingham and tried something called "chenje"....skewered succulent lamb pieces served with buttery saffron rice...lots of herbs and grilled tomatoes on the side....mmmm...i'm salivating just at the thought...going there again soon.
    So what's everyone else like?

Fave food must be a good roast beef dinner.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Fried egg sandwich and a cuppa hot, strong, sweet tea. Always best when you are REALLY in the mood for it.
      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Beans on Toast!!!
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

As a snack: Taramassalata on toasted crumpets
          As a meal: Pad Thai

Comment

Something different from yesterday!
            So many favourites, none of which would be acceptable too often, I like variety.
            High on the list are:
            Bacon sarnie
            scrambled eggs
            Chilli, served with crusty bread
            roast mutton
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Anything I haven't had to cook myself!
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

When we're camping it's my bacon sarnie for breakfast at home I've got lots of faves including spaghetti boll, roast dinner and sausage, egg and chips yum
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hmmm...Chocolate! Second favourite is Lobster Thermidor - yummy scrummy!!

Comment

Hmm, bacon sandwiches or kettle chips
                    Stacey x ♫

Comment

Chinese, Indian, Italian....In that order
                      Work like you don't need the money...
                      Love like you,ve never been hurt...
                      and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

Egg & Chips - comfort food

Comment

I love egg and chips as a comfort food too, but my all time favourite comfort food is a piece of toasted home made bread with butter on, sheer bliss.
                          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Far too many things to choose from! I love food far too much!

There is a fantastic Indian Restaurant just 2 minutes down the road to us and it's amazing. It's not one of the run of the mill Indians with one curry sauce that gets varied slightly with chunk of cheap meat chucked in to make each different dish.

They cook amazing food from scratch and of my favourite dishes is a beautiful lamb shank dish. It's marinated and cooked in a slightly creamy but fairly hot sauce. Not that horrible, bland, curry powder heat but a proper heat from chillies.

OH and I went last week and we were chatting to the lady who owns the restaurant and she's planning on buying a plot of land so she can grow all her own organic veg for the restaurant. She's promised to sort me out a climbing chilli plant that produces pretty, floral shaped, sweet and hot fruit... can't wait!
                            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Anything I grew myself seems to taste amazing... also,
                              Fish and chips;
                              Meatballs in tomato & herb sauce with noodles;
                              Chicken roast with spuds and variety of veg. gravy and stuffing;
                              steamed black pudding, laced with oodles of butter .. the ones that come whole, not slices;
                              minted lamb;
                              hot apple pie and custard;
                              rhubarb crumble and custard;
                              cherry pie and cream;
                              Thornton's continentals;
                              carrot cake;
                              pork crackling dipped in redcurrant jelly;

OK enough... now I am starving.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X