No announcement yet.

Anyone had trees felled professionally?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies and asvice everyone.
    I checked with the council this morning and they confirmed there are no TPO's on the property and it is not in a conservation area. We have contacted a local tree surgeon (thanks for the contact Allotmentlady, but the property is in Devon) and we are going to email some photos of the site to him and hopefully he can give us some ball park figures to go on. I'm going to make sure I'm sitting down when we get his reply...
    There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
      It cost me £350 to have 2 conifers removed and the rest trimmed, this was just over half a day's work for 2 men.
      five 30ft trees, two people (one strong woman and a father in law) and a washing line... cost: nothing!!

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
        five 30ft trees, two people (one strong woman and a father in law) and a washing line... cost: nothing!!
        are you available for hire?

Comment

Don't be surprised if the cost sounds high - insurance costs for tree surgeons are really high, and they need to make their money back. The 'guy down the road' might say he'll do it for a fraction of the price but if it goes wrong, guess who'll be paying £1000s for damages?

Ask to see their qualiications (NPTC or Lantra tickets are accepted by the HSE) and their insurance, which should at least cover public liability to £2million, usually around £5million.

Guess whose hubbie is a tree surgeon!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by LostGoddess View Post
            are you available for hire?
            lol don't think it'll be an episode we'll be repeating anytime soon

Comment

We took 2 trees down, 60' + conifer and 40' holly tree. Handsaw/chainsaw and lots of rope. I bought a garden shredder and used the waste on my allotment and around the garden

Comment

We've been at the Tatton Park show today window shopping for chainsaws and chippers
                Although we wouldn't tackle the biggest trees ourselves, anything we can do we will and there'll be plenty of logs to cut and branches to chip that's for sure.

Comment

I agrree you need someone to watch you the first few times you use on...and you need the propper trousers...Unlike the Tree your Lims will not grow back.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I failed, an O level exam, a driving test, But passed the breathaliyzer test but have never felled a tree
                    Thought For The Day
                    If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                    Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Guys don't worry! Just let me make it clear that we will be having the large trees professionally cut down by a bona fide, insured tree feller/surgeon. We have already been in touch with two pros in the area for quotes. But we will be keeping the timber for ourselves and will want to keep the costs down by cutting it into logs ourselves. We will also be felling some smaller conifers ourselves.
                      We were just window shopping yesterday! we checked out the Stihl stand at Tatton and got some good advice from both the reps and some former customers we were chatting to. We were given all the low-down on safety clothing, kevlar trousers etc and some basic safety procedure advice. But we wouldn't be buying or taking safety courses until we actually have the keys to the place in our hands, because let's face it anything could happen with a house purchase between now and then.
                      Lloyd and I had already discussed that we would never use the chainsaw or a chipper without the other one present. I am also very used to the safe use of power tools, I'm very paranoid about safety and Lloyd knows that if he doesn't use it safely I won't let him use it at all!

I hope this puts everyone's minds at rest I am sure glad my mom isn't on this forum, she'd have had a whole litter of kittens reading all this stuff about weilding chainsaws

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X