No announcement yet.

Charity Open Gardens - heavy rain forecast

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good day the Towns Womens Guild are not a touch on the WI.......they were selling their Marmalade for £1 a jar and Lemon drisselk cake for £2.5......So I nabbed the lot and then told them to put their prices up. The WI would have mugged me for it all and put it back on the stall...LOL
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
      Lemon drisselk cake for £2.5......So I nabbed the lot and then told them to put their prices up.LOL
      Mmmm... put the kettle on, Earl Grey for me.

Comment

Hi
        hoping the weather holds, looking fine here. Our plans have changed so we cant make it. You were saving me a cucumber, please pass it on to somone else.
        Elsie

Comment

Well, the rain stopped, the sun came out and about 60 folk had a nose around our garden this afternoon. Lots of money raised and the plant sale and the Strawberry Teas went well.

I'm now on the couch with a cuppa - lovely stuff. Jenny one of the organisers has just popped up with a punnet of strawbs, some home made meringues and a pot of whipped cream - yum and double yum.

Comment

brilliant news, see what a turn around, I had my fingers crossed and was thinking about u today :-)
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
              brilliant news, see what a turn around, I had my fingers crossed and was thinking about u today :-)
              Thanks so much - everyone seemed to have a good time.

We had to leave the gates open so the dogs had to stay inside. They are so nosey and weren't best pleased at all these folks in 'their' garden.

Comment

awwww well it was for a good cause, how much have you raised?
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Don't know yet - we were just one of 7 gardens open and there was also the Teas, Plant Sales, Bric-a-Brac, etc.

Comment

glad it was a better day today - can't imagine my dogs being happy having all those folk in their garden either!
                    Elsie

Comment

As well as raising money for charity...open gardens are great community event..that bring people togather.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I'm thrilled it all turned out well in the end and the Charities will be very grateful to you all. Congratulations!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X