Can you ride a UNICYCLE lol!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you ride a UNICYCLE lol!

well at the ripe old age of 41 i have decided to buy a Unicycle, one off my bucket list!! loL!!

so can anyone ride one and any tips! I got one for my kids as well lol! its something i have always wanted to do, as well as play the saxophone, so why not!!!

Tips welcome please

Sorry, juggling is the limit of my clownesque abilities.

(That and big feet!)
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

i got big feet too lol! my kids do diabolo and stacking cups and i bought one for them as well! so the circus comes to town and far better than sitting at a playstation all day eh!

now where did i put my red rubber nose and curly wig lol!

Comment

Go on ..do them both at the same time go mad, have a ball..i've all hands on stopping on a bike with 2 wheels..lord knows what damage i'd do if i only had 1 ..Good Luck X

Comment

i was going to buy one for my sister and her kids last year, but was told what part of my body it would be deposited in if i dared to do so .
          needless to say i didnt dare, you allways keep on the good side of my sister.
          a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Since I was about 12 before I could cycle on an ordinary two-wheeler, I think I'll give the one-wheeler a miss.

I've been learning to juggle for about two years (still learning).

Best of luck with the unicycle.
            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

My tips would be...

crash helmet
              Knee pads
              elbow pads
              Start on grass, don't go off down any hills lol.

Good luck and it's clear you are feeling better!

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
                Since I was about 12 before I could cycle on an ordinary two-wheeler, I think I'll give the one-wheeler a miss.

I've been learning to juggle for about two years (still learning).

Best of luck with the unicycle.
                I Can juggle with three balls

>>>This is a good vid<<<

Geo..

Comment

Hi, I used to teach circus skills to kids in my summer holidays from college! This was the method that we used:

Frequently Asked Questions on Unicycling

I was never any good at the cycling, but do still juggle - find it really relaxing!

Comment

great thanks Mac i have bookmarked that page and now have 6 weeks off work to master my skills! there may be a video of me one day! no not on crimewatch but on "you've been framed" lol!

Comment

Give yourself plenty of room. Don't they suggest riding alongside a wall or something - use one hand to steady yourself.

I had a unicycle once - very briefly.

It was actually a BMX - I wheelied from one side of a road to the other, only halfway across my front wheel decided to make a break for freedom and bounced off into a nearby stream.

The front forks of the bike worked wonderfully as a brake, and it's amazing how much ground you can clear once you make it over the handlebars.

Having retreived my wheel - complete with the odd stickleback and minnow, I knocked on a nearby door and asked if they had a spanner I could borrow.

I successfully wheelied across the road on the way home.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
                        well at the ripe old age of 41 i have decided to buy a Unicycle, one off my bucket list!! loL!!

so can anyone ride one and any tips! I got one for my kids as well lol! its something i have always wanted to do, as well as play the saxophone, so why not!!!

Tips welcome please
                        Good for you! I so want one - was looking at them on e-bay last week, where else would you get one? There are funny wee contraptions designed to teach uni-cycle technique it seems, I might get one of these first... just for cycling around the compost heap..

Oh what fun! Let us know how you get on - I took up piano at the age of 40 btw, not so sure about the sax thing
                        Last edited by SarzWix; 16-07-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

i got it from Amazon, i got one for my youngest as well a child's one, so we turning into a circus family, mind you many people say i am a clown anyway! loL!

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
                            i got big feet too lol! my kids do diabolo and stacking cups and i bought one for them as well! so the circus comes to town and far better than sitting at a playstation all day eh!

now where did i put my red rubber nose and curly wig lol!
                            My compny car is like CoCo Crowley...every time I brake the doors all fall off.
                            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I can't even ride one with two wheels! When I was a child I flew over the handlebars of my "Chopper", bit the tarmac - I still have the false teeth and scars to prove it!
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X