No announcement yet.

How many times????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just avoided it! I'm trying harder to avoid commenting on some of the more contentious threads, but as I'm a bit obsessive about food growing and the way the food chain is often manipulated by governments, I do rant from time to time. I'm trying not to do it, but often it's the simple, inoffensive threads which degenerate into warfare so it's not always easy.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Sometimes....

....I know what I'd like to say, but when in type it doesn't look right, or it could be misconstrued to mean something different. Or just plain taken the wrong way.....

So better to just delete it

Jules
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Me too, have often written a reply that I have thought better of posting, and so haven't.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

It's more the other way round....

I've often posted and later felt it didn't say what I meant !!!!

And I've sometimes been surprised when something I've posted upset folk in a way I never expected or intended.

.... and no doubt I'll continue to do it
          The proof of the growing is in the eating.
          Leave Rotten Fruit.
          Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium - potash.
          Autant de têtes, autant d'avis!!!!!
          Il n'est si méchant pot qui ne trouve son couvercle.

Comment

Originally posted by teakdesk View Post

And I've sometimes been surprised when something I've posted upset folk in a way I never expected or intended.

Well, I think thats a shocking thing for you to say!!!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I do this too.
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

The trouble with posts is more in tone that they are [I]read[I] rather than the way they are written............... a bit like emails.
                Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

I get this even face to face.
                  These days I usually can work out what went wrong, but so often I just don't see the misunderstanding coming!
                  Knowing I have a talent for this sort of misunderstanding (and in particular for sounding as if I 'know it all') I worry. Still doesn't always stop it happening!
                  The "I know what I mean, but how do I make it clear to someone else?" thing is a problem. I often think the words mean EXACTLY what I want to say, only to discover that they have an unrelated 'second meaning' in common usage. (I once asked a critical friend "what should I do about it" when he had been grumbling about a situation in front of us, and he went off in a huff. I was just asking for advice! this sort of problem is all too common in my life)
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X