Organic or non organic?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Yes, loads of people do, we all have a choice and lots of people chose to take what they see to be the easy option. I think until fairly recently the issue of the effects of chemicals on our food wasn't really discussed and there are still alot of people that haven't made the connection and just want "perfect" crops. I friend of mine knows a NT gardener and he thinks that anybody who doesn't use as many chemicals as possible is mad!
    Victorianesque is the word you're looking for Alison.

If they want to bury there heads in the sand then good luck to them is what I say.

Not many taking the 'easy option' here I see anyway!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Not many taking the 'easy option' here I see anyway!
      It seems to me that most growers will cop out if it comes to the crunch and their crop is at risk. Following fully organic practices is gardening idealism. We'd like to be but......................

Comment

Originally posted by rana View Post
        It seems to me that most growers will cop out if it comes to the crunch and their crop is at risk. Following fully organic practices is gardening idealism. We'd like to be but......................
        Exactly! (why do we have to post at least 10 characters, even as an add-on?)
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I am as Organic as I can be.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
            Exactly! (why do we have to post at least 10 characters, even as an add-on?)
            Just do loads of extra exclamation marks!!!!
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I'm organic too - having said that when I saw all the mare's tails that had grown on my lottie while I was ill, I could've wept! Got lots of black plastic to put down on my paths now.
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Shereham Steve - I see what you are saying but if the whole crop from your garden is destroyed there is nothing for the children to eat and it has to be bought from the shops - and that stuff has been sprayed 40 times over, and with what we don't know.
                I can't imagine what plague would destroy my entire crop.
                My point was that, as you rightly say, the shop bought stuff has been sprayed 40 times over, there is no point in growing your own, only to spray that too.
                I can understand why large scale food growers resort to chemical help but if you're only growing enough to feed your family, alternative (healthy) methods might be more time consuming but, in my opinion, must be worth the effort.
                Even if I didn't feed the kids on it, I don't want to digest chemical residue either because I'm planning to live forever, obviously, because my theory is that alcohol constitutes one of the 'five a day', please don't tell me I'm wrong about that !!!
                Last edited by zazen999; 15-07-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoreham_steve View Post
                  I can't imagine what plague would destroy my entire crop.
                  Blight last year - which is my main bugbear....and why I use dithane.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X