No announcement yet.

Grandparents

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad saved my sanity when pickle had a bout of colic. I couldn't settle her, we were both getting more and more wound up. Dad took her off me and told me to bugger off for a bath or whatever. He got her wind up and got her settled much quicker than I would have done it because he was so calm. After he explained how so I could do it myself
    Grandparents rock.
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

I have always offered to look after my grandson and did so for the first couple of years so both his parents could work. I took him to mum and toddler group and at first the other parents all thought he was mine lol. Now he is at school I pick him up one day a week and he has tea at our house, his mum or other grandma pick him up but they will keep changing the time, I could drop him home at a reasonable time but they insist on picking him up, drives me mad as sometimes I hardly have time to get tea and no time to go to the park or lottie with him. I have offered to have him more often in the holidays so she doesnt have to fork out for childcare, but no she insits he does every thing he can and puts his name down for anything and everything. He stays at his dads once a week as thats all she will allow. Punishment when he is naughty ( not very often ) is a shopping expedition with mum. He isnt allowed out to play except in the garden so when he comes here he is allowed to play in the lane at the back where I can keep an eye on him. For his birthday we all put together to buy him a bike to keep at his dads so he can go out to play instead of staying in all the time.
      Sometimes grandparents are good at looking after grandchildren lol.
      My neice lets me look after her little girl but wouldnt let her MIL, good job she lives too far away.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

I teach my grandchildren rude songs and rhymes!

Comment

MIL&FIL spoil CB rotten as she is the only child of their only child......... CB is really sweet with them though she adores them.
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I teach my grandchildren rude songs and rhymes[QUOTE]

Yeah Pollyfouracre, Me too
            Jock
            Jock

O' wad some Poo'er
            the giftie gie us
            tae see oor'sels
            as ithers see us.......Robert Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
              I teach my grandchildren rude songs and rhymes!
              I haven't done this yet, which is really letting the side down seeing as I decided to be 'Nanny' as opposed to Gran or whatever, purely in homage to a certain Mrs Ogg.... I really must learn the words to 'The Hedgehog Song'.
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

My 'honourary' grandparents (retired neighbours who babysat me when both parents worked) secretly taught me to count to ten. They handed me back to my parents with an evil grin and watched as I showed them what a clever girl I was. Off I went - one f*ing, two f*ing, three f*ing etc. My parents were understandably livid and It took much longer to get me counting normally...
                odd notes about our kitchen garden project:
                http://www.distractedbyathing.net/tag/garden/

Comment

My children unfortunately didn't have very much contact with their grandparents as we were an RAF family with postings far away from family. I have as much contact with my 10 grandkids as I can, and I'd love to teach them something "a bit naughty" (I probably have, knowing me!!) But their parents have more than likely done that job for me
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

My brother in law taught my daughter how to spell B****r when she was about 6 yaers old lol
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

I wind my sister up with my nephew my sister is 15 years younger than me & my nephew is 15 I'm 60 so nephew is young enough to be my grandson.
                      I once offered to by him a drum kit when he was 6.........................lots of rude words from sister.

He now plays electric guitar & trombone.
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                        I haven't done this yet, which is really letting the side down seeing as I decided to be 'Nanny' as opposed to Gran or whatever, purely in homage to a certain Mrs Ogg.... I really must learn the words to 'The Hedgehog Song'.
                        There must be lyrics somewhere, I've always wanted to know that all the way through!!
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X