No announcement yet.

How do you make YOUR perfect cuppa?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^That's the No.1 reason why I have no desire to scale Mount Everest!

You can always add more milk after adding the water (although you can't add less) and I find it easier to empirically measure the amount of milk in different size/shaped mugs if it goes in first.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

I heard (or read or saw...) that you shouldn't put the milk in with the T-bag before the water as the milk has bigger molecules or particles or somethings that clog up the teeny-tiny holes in the bag so not letting it do it's "stuff" properly! I take tea and coffee black just to be safe!

Comment

My perfect cuppa has to be teabag in teapot then add 'off the boil' water and put sugar in cup/mug. Then remove teabag (defo no squishing!) by getting teaspoon under bag and moving from side to side then lift out and let excess water drip off then pour onto sugar. Both tea and coffee should not be made with boiling water as it is bad for the taste of each and is not good for your throat either!!!

Comment

Originally posted by organic vic View Post
          Both tea and coffee should not be made with boiling water as it is bad for the taste of each and is not good for your throat either!!!
          No definately not , water has to be fresh drawn and poured while boiling ( a rolling boil), this is for Tea dont care for coffee.

Comment

A while ago I was running a training session when the delegates got into a light-hearted arguement about the best brand of beans. So on the lunch break I bought as many different brands as I could, peeled the labels off and did a taste test with them.

Tempted to do the same here, take several of the most common methods and put them to the test, only problem is I'm on a restricted milk diet!
            Anyone else want to play scientist?
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
              My mum shows the tea bag to the hot water
              you could share one teabag between my OH, her sister and her brother.. one dip each

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
                you could share one teabag between my OH, her sister and her brother.. one dip each
                then hang it out to dry for 'ron!
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
                  If I had time I would subscribe to this method A Nice Cup of Tea by George Orwell however I dont agree with number 6 as thhe water should only be boiled once, reboiling can cause less oxygen in the water and doesnt allow proper infusion or so I have read.

Only major point of disagreement is the snob attitude to sugar. I've heard the same said of coffee.
                  I like the combined flavour of 'tea-and-sugar'. If the sugar was all I wanted to taste, I would like weak tea. Weak tea is disgusting (my sister has a rude name for it, relating to gnats).
                  Similarly I like coffee strong enough to taste, but sweetened, It doesn't DROWN the tea or coffee flavour, it just adds something else to it! Condemning the combination is like objecting to blackberry-and-apple (I prefer them separate, but I know that a lot of people enjoy the mixture).
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I like my coffee from a cafetierre, black no sugar (occasionally cream!). Tea heaven, for me, is a cup of strong tea in a BIG cup, with tinned milk and brown sugar. It goes with the big, sloppy bacon sandwich. (Another thread)

Zebedee
                    "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                      You've started something now Ollie.

My perfect cup:
                      Big Mug with bag in the bottom
                      Boiling water on top
                      Swish it round for a bit to required colour
                      Teabag out, lightly squishing on the side of mug
                      Topped up with milk
                      Slab of Victoria Sponge on the side!!
                      I do mine like this - but the cake or biscuit du jour varies!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ollie - make DH cups of tea just like you, milk in first then hot water. DH says he can always tell I've made it like that. Coz I don't drink tea, I don't know what he's talking about. My answer? Make your own!
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I've just remembered...my grandpa used to pour a bit in his saucer and rest it on top of his cup for a few minutes to cool down!( I wonder what all that was about????) ..I've seen other peeps do that many years ago!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Go on then, own up, who's a dunker? I am! Hobnobs dunked in tea/coffee, yum!!
                            Last edited by lainey lou; 09-07-2009, 01:39 PM.
                            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                              I HAVE to dunk. I can't have a cuppa without a biscuit. I'll often destroy an entire packet on one cup! The end of the mug os like soup!

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                                Mmmm... kitkats dunked in tea are yummy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X