Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    Slab of Victoria Sponge on the side!!
    Of course, Victoria Sponge! I knew there was something I was forgetting. No wonder my cuppas have been dissatisfying lately!
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

well i hate tea, but the perfect cup of coffee is this:-

1, use your Dolce Gusto for Latte yum yum lol! or failing everything else

2. spoon of mellow birds, then add a 1/3 of milk and then add the boiling water!!

Can you tell i like my coffee weak and wilfull, like my men of course

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
        No wonder my cuppas have been dissatisfying lately!

See, you find out all kinds of things on the Vine!!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post

On the other hand, coffee should always have the milk (or cold water) added before the boiling water, or, the water should boil and then cool for a little while before pouring, because using too hot water makes it bitter. (Or so I've read). I don't drink coffee often but when i do i always put milk in first, much nicer.

I.
          I agree with the tea statements. milk in first only if made in a teapot. However, point of clarification for the coffee. It only applies to freshly ground coffee which burns if the water is boiling and tends to taste bitter. Instant is fine with freshly boiled water poured on. It doesn't dissolve properly if the milk is added first!

Comment

I don't.

My OH makes a lovely cuppa, and I don't ask him how, only when

I make a lovely coffee though.
            Last edited by zazen999; 08-07-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

The 1941 video is great and right on the button.

I think tea tastes best made in a teapot - as Pipscariad says, leaf tea is probably the very best, but I use teabags all the time.

Boiling water onto the teabags - freshly drawn water, just boiled. There is an old saying -
              For coffee, take the kettle to the pot,
              for tea, take the pot to the kettle (i.e. catch it while it's boiling).

Enjoy your cuppas, everyone.
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I only really like my own made tea, it never tastes quite right if someone else makes it. Why is this?!?

Comment

Tea bag and sugar in mug (note that I only drink out of MY mugs, OH has his own)
                  Boiling water
                  Leave for a bit
                  Swoosh round with a spoon, squish the tea bag, remove to compost-pot
                  Pour in milk

Put cup out of dogs' reach and drink

But I'm probably awful, as I have decaf tea and skimmed milk!

I'm not too bad at making brews for people, but can't make coffee at all! Probably cos I don't drink it...

Comment

You're all wrong!
                    Boil kettle, then leave to settle for a minute (lot of lime scale round these 'ere parts)
                    Pour water into lovely big mug.
                    Dip tea bag in and then straight out of water and discard.
                    Enjoy lovely coloured hot water.
                    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                      LMAO This is how my dad drinks his - murky dishwater I call it! Even worse, my friend Janet does this with an Earl Grey tea-bag, and then adds loads of full-fat milk Bleeuurgh!

Comment

My mum shows the tea bag to the hot water then adds loads of full-fat milk - I always ask why she doesn't just drink hot milk?

Comment

My mum has it the same way as me, but with goat's milk. Don't know if you've ever tried goat's milk, but it tastes of goats!
                          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                          Snadger - Director of Poetry
                          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                            I thought that was called something else? Hot wee? Ewww!!!!!

Two different methods for myself and my partner. Exlcuding pot-tea-making as that's always the same.
                            Me
                            Teabag in, the stronger the better, preferably yorkshire or glengette or mostly pgtips
                            pour on boiling water
                            leave it
                            come back and pour a bit of milk in till the colour looks ok, the squish teabag for more flavour.
                            His
                            Same as above except he squishes, and squishes, and squishes the bag, takes it out, then stirs furiously and dribbles the milk in the vortex created till it looks right.

Perfect after any sort of labour, even sitting down, but fantastic after a big fry up.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                              My mum has it the same way as me, but with goat's milk. Don't know if you've ever tried goat's milk, but it tastes of goats!
                              Not if it is cooled straight after milking and if there are no billy goats around it doesn't
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

The water for tea needs to be boiling at 100C, this is why you can't brew a decent cuppa up Mount Everest as the water there boils at 98C due to air pressure being lower (was told this by a mountaineer, haven't actually tried it). Anyway, if you put the milk in first how can you later titrate it to the correct colour - in my case almost stewed black with a tiny drop of milk
                                Last edited by bluemoon; 08-07-2009, 02:09 PM.
                                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X