Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look at the first posts in reply - everyone said to see a doctor.

Once I knew she was in A&E, I posted to let people know.

Even the A&E people have only suggested the problem; she hasn't had a full diagnosis.

Comment

totally agree with Zazen, i was and still am in lots of pain, everyone did tell me to get to a doc, it was my decision to go, i was simply asking their personal opinions not everyone to play at being a Doc.

I have to wait 2 days and then if this pain hasnt passed then i have to go back! Unfortunately, i live in the world that unless i am elderly and immobile then i cant have the doc come out to me!

As for childbirth - you trying having two babies at once, like i did and having no pain relief until the very end, !!! thats why i can sit and say that this is worse than child birth as i have been there and done it!!!! i would like to say that i empathise with any man having this condition as they have to get the cluster through a smaller hole!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        If you look at the first posts in reply - everyone said to see a doctor.

Once I knew she was in A&E, I posted to let people know.

Even the A&E people have only suggested the problem; she hasn't had a full diagnosis.
        I think you are missing my point Zazen. I am simply rather worried that some people may get the idea that if they have an acute pain they should simply ask on a forum, whether it be gardening, astronomy or stamp collecting, what they should do. Perhaps I was so annoyed that people then spent their time discussing what it could be that the only genuine advice could have been missed. 'Go to A & E' was the only advice needed.

It's great for us to discuss (I won't use the argue word, it is too strong) what a plant is, how it should be cared for, what disease it has but I think that even those of qualified in medicine are not in a position to say anything other than 'Let a Dr examine you' when met with question of this nature.

Just for the record, this happened on a forum (yes it was a gardening forum) in the States some years ago. Someone asked a similar question and got all sorts of answers from the membership. That someone then died and, because they had no disclaimer about site content and opinions prominently displayed, the site admins were sued by the 'someone's' relatives. Being the USA of course the relatives won about 26 quadrillion dollars compensation from the site and it went broke. Shame that, it was a good forum.

Yes. I know we aren't in the States and our legal system is different but we are moving towards a 'compensation culture'. So I tell you that just for what it is worth as a 'cautionary tale', especially to people who say more than, 'See a Dr.'. All the fun is going from our lives.
        Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
        >
        >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I think you should just have a good old fart Su, have done with it, but keep the matches in a tin out of harms way!
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
            I think you are missing my point Zazen. I am simply rather worried that some people may get the idea that if they have an acute pain they should simply ask on a forum, whether it be gardening, astronomy or stamp collecting, what they should do. Perhaps I was so annoyed that people then spent their time discussing what it could be that the only genuine advice could have been missed. 'Go to A & E' was the only advice needed.
            And that's what she got!!! I'm not missing the point. You said that we should tell them to go and A&E/doctor and I was pointing out that's what people had all said.

Su knew she had to contact a doctor, we were telling her that on Facebook and that's what she did, once the pain wasn't subsiding. I'm sure she would have done so if there was no Vine/Facebook and she had just called a mate on the phone and said the same thing.

Comment

I agree with Sarraceniac.
              In short - all severe abdominal pain is an emergency until you have proved it is not.
              The answer is - see a doctor or go to A & E.
              But I think that is what most people said.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

lol @ HW cheers zen master!

personally I think the title of the thread sums it up! I have personally asked a question on here in the past and got the same advice Su got which was basically don't muck about and get to A&E
                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X