No announcement yet.

Apologies to everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sympathise DDL. I do amateur dramatics during the winter months and this year is panto. Its pretty hectic, but nice to have such a great buzz during our dark days. We are just hitting the really "dark" days now, especially like today, as it has been so overcast, its been dark nearly all day. BUT I have my photos of the longest day to remember how good it can be!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by multiveg View Post
      Is there any room on your settee for me? I haven't got a tele and I also go into hibernation.
      Hi multiveg - you are more than welcome (I've got two settees!) but it may be a bit of a squeeze, what with me and then Dexter spread out on the other settee! DDL
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks everyone

You have all been so kind - and it has been lovely reading your advice and help, and it has made me feel better! I will try and log on as much as I can, but I just didnt want anyone to think I'd disappeared without saying anything. Dexterdog
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
          We all go thru periods when we don't get to log on (it happened to me earlier on in hte year. But I agree with you about not seeing any daylight - I hate this time of year as I can only get up the lottie at weekends ..... it usually rains at the wekkends round here
          NIck, to see any daylight you have to venture out of your hut and stop cuddling the tea cup! LOl

Iv'e seen your plan for the new plot in your Blog btw....you like your tatties don't you?
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi everyone, I hate this time of the year too. The only thing that makes me get up to go to work is that if I don't I can't pay the rent.

I'd thought about trying one of the SAD lights, Boots do one now, but it's about £75 - that's a lot of money if it doesn't work.

Same here with only getting to the allotment at weekends this time of the year, and it's rained every weekend for the last 4 weeks - I'm starting to take it personally.

Still, three weeks to go to the shortest day and then it should start getting better.

Comment

Hi rustylady - thanks for your support. Unfortunately Im having a real bad time at the moment. Making the most of the time I have getting onto the Vine. Hey ho - roll on the longer days! DDL
              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

I really sympathise. I've started to feel like it's too much trouble. Shorter days and waning moon don't help. We've got some lovely weather this weekend but Mr E is away studying so we get out very little. Like you RL I go to work because I have to to pay the bills when I can think of more than enough things to be doing which will be valued. I've still got your address DDL so I could pop a little something in the post if you like.
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Hello DDL don't feel bad about your reaction to the darkness, as another human animal I feel exactly the same, and in fact worry about folks who try to live apart from the natural system. Him outside used to work shifts and it nearly killed him - bodily functions went awry and nearly took his mind with them.
                  Do what feels right, soon we can celebrate the coming of longer days.

Comment

Hey! daylight!

Hey! Coming home from work (left a few minutes early) at 1615 hours - I actually saw blue sky all the way home! It really cheered me up!
                    Gave the lottie a longing look as I drove past............. Can't wait for the longer days! Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

The longer days are coming DDL. I noticed the same thing tonight. Only problem now is it;s getting colder. Days lengthen, cold strengthens.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Despite the Reynards (spelling?) I don't mind the cold - mind you, thats with socks, thermal socks and fur lined boots/thick winter coat/scarf/hat and gloves - and that's just for going to work! Give me more daylight! Dexterdog
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

I too slow down at the latter end of the year and after the shortest day seem to gear up...sometimes you need respite to get your thoughts together and hibernate...
                          Best wishes
                          Andrewo
                          Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X