No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson Memorial

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, was a fan of the music but not the weirdness. Anyways, Tuesday night is CSI Miami night.
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

I know I'm ill - but I don't think I'll be watching. Cats boils to lance and all that!...................
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
        I know I'm ill - but I don't think I'll be watching. Cats boils to lance and all that!...................
        now that provided me with a HUGE chuckle !
        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Just switched on to watch the MJ memorial concert (although I have to go to a meeting at 7.30 p.m.). Although I am a big MJ fan just interested in hearing his music, covers of his music without all the hype about how he lived his life (or how we were advised he was living it). I feel quite lucky that I was one of the ones who managed to see Michael perform at Aintree in Sept 1988 when he was at the height of his fame (and before he got really weird).

Comment

toastie...i never got to see mj..but as you say, you saw him when he was at his best...before the downward spiral! lucky you! 80s and early 90s were fab! also Mariah Carey has just come on...so I'm away to switch over
            "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Personally the answer would be NO no chance and no way!!! even turn off the radio when his songs come on the radio!
              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I wasn't going to watch at all but turned on towards the end & caught Jermaine singing 'Smile' which was very sweet then turned back later & caught the little Welsh boy off Britain's Got Talent singing an old Jackson's number, he got a standing ovation & was wonderful. I haven't been bothered much by M.J.'s death but when his little girl took the mike at the end & tearfully said her daddy was the best father in the world & she loved him I burst into tears too, not for him but for the loss to his family.
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Ditto Sue A, pretty much where I came in
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    c - will have weeds to pull

is that the gardening version of i'm washing my hair?

Comment

I watched most of it, I thought it was good and not too tacky. I thought Stevie Wonder was absolutely brilliant, apart from Michael's daughter at the end i found Stevie's contribution the most moving, you could hear the emotion in his voice.

I saw Michael in concert back in 1992 during the 'Dangerous' tour. He put on a phenomenal show that I can still remember most of to this day.
                      There is no denying he was an excellent performer

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
                        is that the gardening version of i'm washing my hair?
                        Yup...

It's my usual cop out

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          Nope -
                          a - don't watch much TV
                          b - can't stand wailing fans
                          c - will have weeds to pull

My thoughts exactly. I was watching BBC news 24 about an hour before it started (waiting for a weather forecast) and there was talk of his coffin being taken there and put on stage. I don't know if they actually did that, but the idea was distasteful. This is a person who (whatever your feelings, and I was never a fan) has lived pretty much his entire life in a weird blaze of publicity - forced upon him in the early days by his pushy parents and I would have liked to think he could at least be allowed some quiet dignity in death.
                          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X