No announcement yet.

sick of this fog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping my freezer is ok. EDF have chosen the hottest day of the year to cut off the electricity supply of everyone in the area, from 9am to 4pm.

If it all goes pear-shaped, there might be an almighty cook-off tonight of all the thawed chicken, fish, bacon (it's in there somewhere...), green toms from last year...

OH MY GOD, THE HAAGEN DASZ!!!!!!!! *panic panic*

Comment

No sun here either - just lots of fog and damp, damp, damp! Think my tatties have the beginnings of blight..............................

Comment

sun here and very hot, but i can see the haar coming in [ aaaaaahhhhhh]

Comment

very hot and sunny here, just been and bought two new sun loungers, got a cold drink and guess where i am off to lol! sorry TS it will eventually come your way !

Comment

Well it's chucking it down with rain here Really muggy out though, got all the doors and windows open and an umbrella over the little chicks run in the garden

Us Brits!!!! We complain when it's cold/hot/sunny/raining/snowing we're never satisfied are we? And I'm one of the biggest complainers
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Toooooooooooo hot, can't do anything without bucket loads of sweat running and everything will take ages to water tonight. And I desperately want to bury my kale
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

We escaped to the city today ... Norwich.

Blazing hot sunshine, lovely!
                When we came back home on the bus, the fog was still hanging over the rivers & coast
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Currently showing 26C in Beans room - we've all the windows and doors open but there's no breeze. I don't mind the heat during the day (even though I sweat like a pig in a barbecue warehouse), but I'd quite like it to cool down a bit overnight.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

It's been hot hot hot hot here.

I gave in and bought a fan today. No idea what the temperature is but it's not nice

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                      I'd quite like it to cool down a bit overnight.
                      Can you spray your curtains with water at all? It really works to cool the room down

Thick cloud and very cool again today. What makes me most mad is that the weather forecast isn't mentioning the fog at all!
                      The BBC on TV actually showed us as "clear" ... while a glance out the window shows it is far from it.
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 01-07-2009, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        Can you spray your curtains with water at all? It really works to cool the room down
                        I could, if there was any kind of breeze. It's just very still where we are - quite sheltered by the trees.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Day 7 of The Fog here ... I'm getting really miserable now

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            Can you spray your curtains with water at all? It really works to cool the room down.
                            I didn't know that - and I will be trying it tonight.

Comment

2-Sheds you have my sympathy. Me n the clan thought about moving to our coast last year n then decided we see more sunshine n be warmer where we are. Doesn't stop it being beautiful though - especially when the fog clears. Tehe!

Comment

The sun's been out all day, hurrah!
                                (got sunburn now to moan about)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X