Buerk

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Mines jelly I just don't like how it feels in my mouth, thinking about it now is enough to make me want to puke
    I get that sort of reaction to quite a lot of things, fat on meat (unless it is crispy) mashed potatoes, porridge.......... It is worse with things that don't have so very much flavour to counteract the texture......
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I cant touch Cointreau(?) after a particularly unpleasant evening on board a merchant navy vessel coming back from Zeebrugge. Had to climb back on board up the rope about 2 in the morning cos we were supposed to be in by midnight, thought I would be off to bed but not a bit of it. Straight into the crew bar. Fuzzy memories of pints of the evil orangey stuff and lemonade. Was written off for 3 days, and still want to chuck if I so much as smell it.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Like coreopsis, home made soup, though in my case it was tomato. I now cannot eat a tomato or anything that looks like a bit of tomato. However, tomato puree, Heinz (and only Heinz) tomato soup, ketchup and passatta are all okay to use in cooking - odd. I can tell if a sandwich had tomato in it before I asked to have it without (I tell them I am allergic to them so why just remove the darned things). I can't abide the texture of mushrooms as they remind me of the snail I was coaxed into trying on holiday - gotta run...

Bleurgh, back now.

Glad to read I am not the only one with cheese troubles. I love mild, rubbery cheese like gouda and mozzarella but the only cheese I can eat 'raw' is Monterey Jack.

My other big trouble is fish, I worked in MAFF for a number of years and part of my job involved visits to the fish market. One morning the catch was less than fresh (boat had been out for nearly two weeks and out of ice for the last 5 days) and as I was pregnant, say no more. Fish that smells of fish has turned me green ever since. I have an allergy to some nuts but not sure all what ones affect me - almonds definately make me unwell and I think brazils and walnuts may do the same. I can eat salted peanuts till the cows come home and I love Nutella though I can't actually eat a hazlenut.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Just remembered about the fat thing. It induces the gag reflex very strongly. so much so, that I can't buy bacon butties when out and about and I was the only one in the family that didn't eat Hollands Puddings. Anything slimey does me in. I think the latter stems from being about 13-14 and I had awful congestion problems after a cold, for about a year. When I blew my nose, it was like long strings of rubber. I practically lived at the Drs, trying to find something that would work and nothing ever did. It sorted itself in the end, but that was an awful year and I will NEVER try oysters as a result!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X