BBC: "You can't have an allotment and a life"

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    I don't think its a bad thing to give prospective plotholders an idea of some of the pitfalls etc that they are likely to experience, however this should have been balanced with the benefits which soon outweigh the downsides. Yes its bloomin' hardwork, but the rewards wouldn't be as gratifying if it was easy would they?
    Trouble is, because he didn't stick at it for very long he never actually discovered the benefits so had none to share. It's a shame for him really as he missed out on a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
      Trouble is, because he didn't stick at it for very long he never actually discovered the benefits so had none to share. It's a shame for him really as he missed out on a lot!
      I agree with you Incy, so why does he feel compelled to write a article about something he did in the 70's and didn't stick at for very long?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
        I agree with you Incy, so why does he feel compelled to write a article about something he did in the 70's and didn't stick at for very long?
        Now that's an interesting question.......I sense some unfinished business there.

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
          Now that's an interesting question.......I sense some unfinished business there.
          Maybe he needs another go, maybe all he needs is the support of some friendly Grapes. What do we think?

I've actually been ribbed about this article at work, as the author's name is the same as my husbands, funny, I don't see him down at the allotment very much at the moment either

Comment

I suppose the benefit in the article is if it makes people realise the effort involved so they don't take on an allotment they won't cope with. I have my hands full with my own two garden veg patches, and much as the idea of getting an allotment appeals I know full well that in practice I don't have enough hours in the day. But I do love the working almost as much as the eating...
            Last edited by Sheepish; 29-06-2009, 06:09 PM.
            Today's mistake is tomorrow's compost...

Comment

What's all this about having a life?

Isn't life the black crumbly stuff at the end of the compost bin, the bees busily pollinating and most of all, the spuds just picked and cooked with the butter melting over them?

Of course, life is blackfly, greenfly, slugs - but it's also the ladybirds, frogs and birds that dispatch them.
              Last edited by maytreefrannie; 29-06-2009, 10:10 PM.
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X