For those Born in the 40's - 70's?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab thread! thank you
    We (mum still does- and I was there yesterday) lived stones throw from a muddy creek and the sandpits.
    "Dont play over the sandpits, there is quicksand there and you will get sucked under"
    In all my childhood of playing in creek and sandpits the only 'one' to suffer a miss-hap was a grown up. (lovely guy) he was very tall and this saved his and his dogs life when caught out by the quicksand! talk of the school it was!
    Jackie J - I was on Southend beach yesterday with Mum and Mr HF lovely
    Our family had little money, but always had new shoes for school term that were polished by Dad each night. Hand-me-downs we never much worried about. Our entertainment was almost all 'home made' and great it was too. Thanks Mum and Dad. Great days!
    Last edited by Headfry; 13-07-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I think there were amazing things about growing up in the sixties, one of the best things was that we made up our own games, which very often involved small creatures mud and water in varying quantities in my case, no creatures were ever harmed i may add!! I remember having a huge fascination with newts and loved to watch them run on the garden wall. Children now live in a completely different world which is so far and away more technologically advanced than our was. Sometimes i look back and wish for those simpler times but i also remember how tough things were as dad was laid off and we didn't have much money atall.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Miffy, I had (still have) huge thing about newts! I once (about 10yrs old) went to bed with one. It was wrapped in wet toilet paper and on my pillow next to my open mouth so says Mum! I was a 60's child also!
        We would fish in the creek for hours our biggest fear as kids we ADDERS......no one ever got bitten despite there being many adders in the long grass on sea wall - and I nearly put my hand on one once!!!
        Not only did we live, we seemed to thrive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X