I've won a kitchen....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've won a kitchen....

....courtesy of a well known coffee company (DE) and kitchen company (M) it's worth 12k.

So, what should I put in the design?

The cats' valet.

A big freezer to store your harvest.....well done.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Every appliance you can think of lol. deffo a dishwasher, washing machine, big cooker, nice big american fridge that does ice and iced water, Microwave, The list is endless but then it depends how big your kitchen is.

Congratulations on winning.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

What NOG said plus an aga. And a double sink with mini middle for washing the veggies. If not an aga - gas hob. Plus a build in coffee machine [lattes], and plenty of storage.

Comment

You lucky so and so! Will they plan it all for you as well? Make sure you have lots of storage and lots of electric sockets for cooker hood, toaster etc etc etc (under worktop as well for dishwasher, washing machine etc) water line if you have a fridge with water dispenser. Also plan under cupboard lighting as it is a bugger to retro-fit.
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Mine is linoed bit carpet by the sink....bit of luxury for Mrs Nog when she is doing the washing up.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Lucky you Dogsbody.
              I went for a top of the range extractor, the kind that slopes up the wall and doesn't stick out to brain you.
              And pan drawers, just open the drawer and everything is there, no more creeping about on the floor to get stuff out of the back of the cupboard.
              Oh you'll have such fun.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

My dyslexia kicked in when I read the title, for a second I thought It said "I've won a Chicken."

Well done you.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah! Well done!
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

great news and well done and defo a built in coffee machine they are fab, not that i have one, but i know someone who does lol!

Comment

I'd thoroughly recomend the easy close door / drawer thingies that mean you can't slam the doors / drawers shut - they just glide quietly shut no matter how hard you slam them, a small item but big difference!

Also, if you go for granite work surfaces, i would not recomend back shiney ones. They look beautiful but are completely impractical as they only look beautiful & shiney if you buff them every time you wipe them down - which to be honest, no real person can really be @rsed to do! The rest of the time they look streaky and spotted!
                      Jane,
                      keen but (slightly less) clueless
                      http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Ditto what Newbie said about granite - we once rented a house with a humungously posh kitchen and the granite was a real pain in the *** to keep clean.

It also had a huge central island that I hated. It took up way too much space and didn't deliver a nice user-friendly area in return.

Trouble is, everyone works and cooks completely differently so only you know what your needs are, but many congrats on your win - are you one of these folks who enters zillions of competitions and therefore is bound to win something by law of averages or are you real proof that sometimes regular folk actually do win these comps?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbody View Post
                          ....courtesy of a well known coffee company (DE) and kitchen company (M) it's worth 12k.

So, what should I put in the design?

You could put it in my kitchen!

Congratulations!

Jules
                          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Great stuff, dogsbody. What a fun thing to do, design your own kitchen. Well done. Enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Fantastic! Well Done you!

Ummm...most of what others have said.....hubbs put sliding wire baskets on runners inside the larder cupboard so no scrambling for what's at the back!

I like those with the basket type drawers for veggies and stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X