No announcement yet.

Do you have a nemesis?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people like to sound as if they know it all I will argue the toss about a lot of things but wouldnt be daft enough to disagree with an expert in his own field. Thats just plain silly
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
      Some people like to sound as if they know it all I will argue the toss about a lot of things but wouldnt be daft enough to disagree with an expert in his own field. Thats just plain silly
      Very true Fiona. Don't they know who you are Tattieman??

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
        Very true Fiona. Don't they know who you are Tattieman??
        I just don't think they want people posting answers on their forums as they see it. It is not really a question of who is wrong or right but more of a question of why post a negative answer about what I have said all the time.
        I am only trying to help people.

But anyway who has a nemesis or online stalker who just has to answer on every post that you post on?
        Potato videos here.

Comment

I have been on the nemesis at thorpe park, really good, can't vouch for the original one at alton towers.

I know what you mean though TM, there is someone on here that will always try to make a dumb put down comment on some of my posts, usually of no importance what so ever, i guess you just have to let it slide, they are by far in the minority anyway.
          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
          Bob Dylan

Comment

I wish I knew enough to have a nemesis tattieman
            I would never dream of contradicting an expert.

Comment

Originally posted by tattieman View Post
              As titled really. I post on a few different forums and it seems that on each forum there is always one person that replies to every thread that I reply to.
              If I say it is potato disease y they say it is disease x and so on. I have never met any of these people and don't know why they do it.
              It tends to be people that have been on the forums for a long time and want to answer every question they can to boost their post numbers or something.
              So does it happen to anyone else?
              Doesn't happen on here though as you are all nice people
              I know what you mean, mate, and agree with your comment about this forum Apparently, in the Navy, this type of person is known as a 'black cat'! If yoou have a black cat, they've got a bigger, blacker cat. Just enjoy this one, good people here

Zebedee
              "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Well it all started on one website when someone asked how to store some seed potatoes for planting at a later time. My reply was to place them in your fridge at a temp of around 4degrees as this would keep them dormant. This is what we do in our large freezer sheds with 1000s of tons. My nemesis replied don't put them in the fridge as the cold will kill them!!
                His fridge is far too cold then, he needs to fiddle with his dial

The next thread was how many potatoes for a large area and I explained one potato 12-15" apart and beds to be 24" apart at least so they needed 200 tubers or there abouts.
                Again my nemesis answers straight after me saying that everyone in farming knows that you should plant by weight and not by the number of seed!!
                How do you weigh a field?

I never put an answer back to the comments but I thought why put those replies on?
                I am now on another forum and someone said do I have blight and they described what sounds like blight. My reply was sounds like early blight but pictures would help.
                A reply from a member with 4 stars appeared once pictures were put on the thread and stated that it was blackleg and magnesium shortage that was the problem then went on to say that Tattieman was confusing the issue and that there was no blight about and nobody worries about early blight and he knew this because he grows potatoes in his garden etc etc and I thought what have I done to upset him?
                How can saying it SOUNDS like early blight and asking for pictures be confusing.....which bit doesn't [the nemesis] quite understand?

Comment

Don't know about a nemesis but there's one on another forum that posts things unasked for, like it's their personal gardening info bit, it gets on my t**s.
                  Me, I try and be helpful, even when I don't know, but I'm not an expert, just a 'that happened in my experience and if i don't know, I'll give it a go anyway'...

Comment

I personally think the application of half a house brick to the back of the relevant head is in order! Mind you, can you then compost the, err, remains? Perhaps another nemesis can supply the answer, as well as one to the question, is it organic?
                    Hmm? Ehh? Nemesis? Hmm?

Zebedee

Comment

Originally posted by zebedee View Post
                      I know what you mean, mate, and agree with your comment about this forum Apparently, in the Navy, this type of person is known as a 'black cat'! If yoou have a black cat, they've got a bigger, blacker cat. Just enjoy this one, good people here
                      Aaah! I have one of those. It's our next door neighbour. everything he has/does has to be bigger/better than us
                      Frankly I don't care but it drives my OH mad

Comment

I dont think I have one and havent experienced it on here, if I am not sure about an answer I give, I will say that I am not sure. I like to think I am still learning lol .I do like it though when someone else has the same answer as me cos it means I do know the answer after all. lol
                        I wish I could post piccies cos I am not sure if I have blight on my spuds and my lottie neighbour wasnt around today to ask.
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
                          Aaah! I have one of those. It's our next door neighbour. everything he has/does has to be bigger/better than us
                          Frankly I don't care but it drives my OH mad

See above ref the half housebrick, mate

Zebedee

Comment

Originally posted by zebedee View Post
                            See above ref the half housebrick, mate
                            I couldn't do that I'm not that kind of girl

Besides I don't like cleaning and it would make one helluva mess

Comment

Ok, then, try the back end of a spade, you get a lovely swing on it!

Zebedee

Comment

Pmsl.........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X