No announcement yet.

Energy Saving Light-Bulbs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that 'normal' bulbs won't be sold in France after next year- and that the UK is considering the same idea. Does anyone know about this for certain???

I'm happy to use low energy bulbs in most situations- but as others have mentioned , they are slow to warm up and are dangerous if you need to go downstairs after turning on the light . No-one is surely going to hang on for a minute or so to let them reach full brilliance before setting off down the stairs???

Porch light too needs to be instant.

Nipping to the loo won't be so quick either
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Since having energy saving light bulbs Madderbat has put on weight as she doesn't have to run so fast on the tread mill.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

Uplights, downlights, sidelights, table lights, reading lights etc etc.

It seems people do all they can to stop the light even getting past the lamp shade. I think this lot are complaining should wear miners hats. And be blessed that your grey hair and wrinkles dont look too bad in a dim light.

FG

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          I seem to remember just having one light (the "big light") in each room when I was a kid. Not so anymore.

Uplights, downlights, sidelights, table lights, reading lights etc etc.

Worth a mention - energy saving bulbs don't work well with dimmer switches. Took us three bulbs to work that out in our bedroom.
          You need to buy a dimmable(?) energy saving bulb - i got mine from B&Q

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            I understand that 'normal' bulbs won't be sold in France after next year- and that the UK is considering the same idea. Does anyone know about this for certain??
            Yep they are starting with the 100W this year and the rest will be phased out by 2011.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X