Not before time.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Apart from the expired mortgages, and the non-existed council taxes.....

Don't start me off!!!!!!

[Still can't work out how a duck house can in any way shape or form be a business expense].....

I did say very few. There are some who have, and as I said earlier, they should suffer fates much worse than death.
    Sadly the majority of them havent, they are merely benefitting from a system that they themselves voted for.

Duck house? Moat cleaning? Hand made bookcases? Do me a favour
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
      I did say very few. There are some who have, and as I said earlier, they should suffer fates much worse than death.
      Sadly the majority of them havent, they are merely benefitting from a system that they themselves voted for.

Duck house? Moat cleaning? Hand made bookcases? Do me a favour
      They are still, in reality, breaking the rules. Expenses are supposed to 'withstand public scrutiny' (it says in the book, or something very much to that effect) and it is quite obvious that public scrutiny does not find these claims acceptable, so they are contrary to the book of rules!
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I actually wouldnt find second home allowance/lodging allowance and a travel allowance outwith the law and even outwith public scrutiny. For all above that, Bang and Olufson stereo's, mahoosive plasma tv's, duck houses moat cleaning etc I agree. Clearly that does not withstand public scrutiny.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

What got me was the sneaky double dipping or flipping of houses. And claiming for a house nowhere near constituencies or london village.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            What got me was the sneaky double dipping or flipping of houses. And claiming for a house nowhere near constituencies or london village.
            Not living in the UK, I missed the explanation of what that means.
            Could you/someone enlighten a bear of very little brain please???
            Ta
            Bob Leponge

Comment

Flipping / double dipping - when they changed their primary or secondary address, to make on the expenses. So, they would say they were living in London if they got better expenses on their constituency address. And then flipping if it turned out that the expenses were better with them the other way round

Then the married couple who lived together but both claimed, but for opposite second home than the other - thus the whole living expenses were on us.

The Luton lass was claiming for a house [off the top of my head] somewhere near Southampton, as her boyfriend lived there - so claimed for improvements for that house. Constituency, luton - second home, london - third home - southampton. Even though luton is commutable.

Or there's the 'if I have to be in London during the week, the taxpayer has to fund it'...but we also fund the whole family, so instead of a flat for 1 - we are paying for say 4 bedroom houses and all expenses

Or, there's the one that was living in his daughters flat and claiming the full whack because he was entitled to it....

Or claiming a second home when the first home is 10 miles from westminster, and the second home was a mile or two from the first home...

I could go on - not 100% sure of the detail above but you get the gist......
              Last edited by zazen999; 20-06-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

And all I did was to fail to apply for one lousy job which I wouldn't have got anyway & I lost 6 weeks JSA.
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X