Computernology eh!?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
    Sadly I think it's a case of the Top Chappies(& esses)having to make you feel like you've got a voice,but then doing it their way anyway.

Similar thing...although far less ologyable...I was chosen to do a MORI poll a while back,the government wanted to gage a feeling of what us mortal folk thought about something they were going to quite obviously go ahead with anyway.
    Everyone in the room thought it was a total pants idea & the rather naughty poll lady "suggested" at the end that she was getting the same results/feedback most of the time elsewhere in the country.
    Guess what...a few weeks later I popped on the news & the new initiative was going ahead!

Unfortunately,they give us a voice but IMHO rarely bother to listen to it!

Sorry!!!Probably not the enthusiastic positive reply you were looking for!

This sounds like Sir Humphrey from Yes Minister...." Never institute an enquiry unless you know what the outcome will be"

HW it could all be greek to me, or even latin, but deep breaths....nearly time to go home to LW and Bean!

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Sinta View Post
      I work in IT dept of a University and nothing moves unless we are sure payroll is safe.

I know it must frustrate, but remember, the only time you really hear about your IT department is when something goes wrong. Usually when everything goes right, or good things happen, nothing is ever said about it, because the University's IT framework is not considered 'high' in the campus wide agenda.
      Oooh, generally I like the 'normal' IT staff I deal with (as a departmental IT rep), they are easy to get hold of, answer all my questions - however silly and are nice guys/gals

I think IT and HR often share the dislike of staff in a Uni! We never get anything right!

Comment

I am holding my dear friend Glenfiddich. I slowly twist off the top. I pour, generously, into a glass. I inhale, I sip, I swallow. A glow spreads smoothly through my insides. I repeat, twice more. Guess what. The 'puter thingy, wotsit, suddenleee int lookin so bad, hic. I luv 'puters, bless 'em

Zebedee
        "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Originally posted by daleclarke View Post
          Oh how many times have I seen this. I moved to Opensourse/Linux several years back as many of the companies I dealt with were doing the same (huge savings) and as a ex IT Training Manager I had to introduce this across several networks etc. and came across issues as this. The best part about companies is they will pay a fortune in software, pennies in training and that attitude never works and usually the person in charge is very blinkered or heavily pressurised to choose a certain system.

I know you do not like Lotus Notes, but actually it is a very good system in my opinion better than MS Outlook, if it is set up right and people are trained enough to use its powertools it can do an awful lot more!

I have just taken early retirement from what should have been an enjoyable carreer in IT based reprographics. I quit, not because of the stress of the job, but because of the stress induced by NOT being able to do my job efficiently for the last 5 years since the company introduced Lotus Notes and other related software. Add to that the fact that Microsoft Windoze can't cope with it. I find it hard to believe that an international company with thousands of users worldwide, after five years of trying, cannot sort it out. IMO the beast has just got TOO BIG.
          A few months ago, I ditched Microsoft Windoze on my home PC for the Ubuntu version of Linux and now I'm happily learning a new system that just .. WORKS!
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X