iphone question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone question

I got a new iphone a couple of weeks ago but I'm really rough with my phones (the last one I smacked with a spade when I was taking down a wall during a house renovation).

I'm going to carry on using my scratched but servicable mobile and was planning on using my iphone as an ipod indoors on the docking station. Question is, can you use it like this without the sim card in place.

Sorry it this is a silly question, I so don't do technology.

No idea, but that makes for an awfully expensive ipod doesn't it?
    Urban Escape Blog

Comment

No idea but will ask number 1 son when he wakes up
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
        No idea but will ask number 1 son when he wakes up
        Thanks Fiona, Wakey Wakey, No 1 son, lol. x

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg
          I get a free phone every year with my mobile contract.
          What about Ebay?
          Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Sim card is only needed for network use, I think. Certainly with a normal phone, you can still look at pics, movies, contacts and any files, in 'offline' mode. I'd have thought same applies to iphone, but wait to be corrected. Why don't you try it and see?

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
              Sim card is only needed for network use, I think. Certainly with a normal phone, you can still look at pics, movies, contacts and any files, in 'offline' mode. I'd have thought same applies to iphone, but wait to be corrected. Why don't you try it and see?
              I thought that may be the case but I am so rubbish with technology. Will charge it up and report back with my findings.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
                Thanks Fiona, Wakey Wakey, No 1 son, lol. x
                Think he heard you

He reckons it wont turn on without a sim card. He suggests you send off for a free O2 sim card and try it with that
                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                  Think he heard you

He reckons it wont turn on without a sim card. He suggests you send off for a free O2 sim card and try it with that
                  I did shout loud, sorry sleepyhead.

Think we have a spare Tesco 02 pay as you go sim kicking around.

Comment

Hope I don't upset you but there is a NEW Iphone 3G2009 coming out in July.

Its going to have 3.5mp Camera, flash, better CPU more, ROM, double the RAM, and pos a removable battery.
                    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                      Hope I don't upset you but there is a NEW Iphone 3G2009 coming out in July.

Its going to have 3.5mp Camera, flash, better CPU more, ROM, double the RAM, and pos a removable battery.
                      Ooh, that sounds good.

I was lucky enough to get this as a freebie so I really have no room to complain, it's a 16GB so loads of space for music. Maybe next year I can get the fancy one.

Comment

Lucky you....Friend of mine just signed up for a 24 month contract at £44 PM and paid £50...now she is not happy...
                        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

My mobile is 'just a phone' (OK so I do the occasional text message). Whenever one packs up I buy a cheap unlocked replacement from e-bay. Because we don't want upgraded phones, we get a 15% discount on 'standing charge' on our mobiles instead (same number of free mins). Recently I have started to have moments when I wished I could take pics (like the time I saw a swan in the carpark, inspecting the spare wheel on the back of a parked Jimny)......
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Camera phones are dirt cheap now. They're great for taking a quick snap of some random wildlife or the wires in a light switch before you change it or whatever. The pics aren't bad quality and usually a better size for forums and the like anyway.

I got my Nokia 6300 free a while ago for signing up to a spreadbetting service.

Comment

I can tell you that it dosen't work without a sim card ! 100% definite ! Also, be VERY careful with the phone, I've just shelled out £150 for an iphone repair because I 'Got it wet' - whenever I'm sailing I use an aquapac, I shield it and love it to bits, but I think that the condensation during a shower set off the water sensors! Bloody Iphones, make sure it's insured !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X