Why are men so frustrating?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    Based on the above posts I am forced to consider myself (not for the first time either) as ab-normal.

Our marriage is a partnership.

No, you're not ab-normal HW, it's just that men just get on with life without complaining. I'm sure there's just as many females as males who don't pull their domestic weight.
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

My thoughts are that a bloke would do anything which is needed to be done, when he thinks it needs doing. Most blokes tend to be more laid back given the chance- and maybe it's us women being impatient which helps create an atmosphere??
      Blokes tend not to ask for help unless then really need to (maybe it's an achievement thing and not wanting to appear incapable???)
      Perhaps some blokes haven't realised that women generally enjoy help and company when doing something with the bonus that a 'chore' is over and done with quicker.

All lads and lasses are different- it's a matter of teamwork isn't it

...urmmmm....PMT ???what's that??????
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

FG- I've just read what you wrote- boy there's some lucky lass trying to find you!!!...have you tried wearing bright orange tops????

..hope you feel better soon x
        Last edited by Nicos; 03-06-2009, 03:57 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I only work one night a week and I do all the housework and garden and allotment ( tis mine afterall ) righly so but what gets me is on a thursday I take my daughter to rowing and its too far for me to leave her come home and go and fetch her. We get in at the same time and yes he waits for me to get tea. It would be nice if he helped do some of the jobs that get on top of me like the ironing pile that I cant catch up with since my hand operation I just keep adding to it, I do a load of ironing turn round and there's more. He cooks every sat and sun night and does the diy jobs, but sometimes just sometimes I wish he would do moe. He used to when we first married and I only worked part time. He wants me to do more hours but if I do that things will only get more behind.
          Its a no win situation and I live with it.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
            (i've been a single dad for 8.5 years .... i cook, clean, iron clothes, etc etc ..... i also work full time hours (self employed so flexible), go to evening classes to learn french, run a scout troop, do ALL the running around, have a veggie patch in the garden and an allotment

i'm always being told i'm not bad looking and got a wonderful son and everything going for me and that i'll meet someone one day ........ but hasnt happened yet ......
            Farmer Gyles, It sounds like it's not your looks that's the problem there, rather your schedule
            How you could fit a partner into that routine I have no idea, but hats off to you sounds like you're doing a great job
            There ARE lots of nice people in Purley ( I should know I was brought up there) and if you ever have more spare time maybe you will find someone. In any case good luck with it and be proud of what you are achieving!

I sometimes think that there should be a subject at school that teaches us how to communicate between men and women.
            We women so often expect our OH's to guess what we are thinking ( I include myself as being guilty as charged here), and men always seem to think we will ask if we want help Not sure where they get that idea from either.... Oh well maybe we will work it out one day....here's hoping

Aah messed up the quote!!!!!!! sorry Farmer Gyles
            Last edited by Incy; 03-06-2009, 04:08 PM. Reason: messed up the quote woops!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
              (sarcastic warped sense of humour mode ON)

men may have their faults, but women do too .... each month women go through a phase where they get ratty, moody, snarly and anything a bloke says or does is wrong .... then the 4th week they get PMT and best we keep our distance!

have you ever been on the receiving end of PMT??!!

That did make me smile FG Ive been a right miserable mare for a couple of days for that very reason, best I go be nice................

Hope you feel better soon, I was single for years with my boys and its a b****r when you dont get bday cards and mothers day stuff cos they are too little. They make up for it when they get bigger though, then they just pinch your car
              Last edited by zazen999; 03-06-2009, 04:30 PM.
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Thanks Fiona,
                you getting the other end wrong provided me with what I needed to sort my quote out

Comment

I've taken a while to realise that I not only have to ask my OH to do things but also include a very specific time frame, Could you please feed the cats now? etc. requests such as Could you please feed the cats while I hang out the washing? don't work as I haven't said when I will be hanging out the washing and if the cats need to be fed at the beginning or end of the time.
                  I have also begun to realise that for my OH watching Star Trek is one of the daily chores that must be done and he is the best person to do it.

Comment

Why are men so frustrating well it is because we are men and the majority of you women would not have it any other way or you would have nothing to moan and nag and whinge about so there....jacob
                    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                      Why are men so frustrating well it is because we are men and the majority of you women would not have it any other way or you would have nothing to moan and nag and whinge about so there....jacob
                      So in fact you are providng a valuable public service Jacob? Silly me, I get it now.............
                      Last edited by FionaH; 03-06-2009, 04:27 PM.
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I am not a completer finisher, whereas he is.

I cook, he does the pots.

I do the washing, he does the ironing.

I pay for the cleaner, and he tidies up the night before she comes.

I find if I start the job and make a mess, he will come along and tidy up my mess.

For that - I love him to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                          So in fact you are providng a valuable public service Jacob? Silly me, I get it now.............
                          You got it in one there are some clever women about it seems....jacob
                          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Sprocket
                            He's right. Now get the washing up done, make his tea and stop moaning!!
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Women have many faults
                              Men have only two
                              Everything they say
                              And everything they do

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket* View Post
                                Before I offend men then I apologise as I am sure you are not all like my OH!

Have just fallen out with the Husband and thought I should seek a non biased view! The argument was about the fact that I have to ASK him to do everything and he never thinks to do them without being asked. Essentially we both work in the same job but he thinks it acceptable that when we are on the same shifts that I should come home and cook whilst he sits and watches telly (AGGGGHHHH!!!!) and I should ask him to do it if I want help.....

Should I just give in and accept that he is thoughtless? or should he try and be more thoughtful? Feel like he takes me for granted but I know I am stubborn, independant etc... and don't like to be wrong! I do go out of my way to think about him but don't feel like he does.

Mood not going to get much better as am at work with 3 men tonight!!!
                                Just rereading....

What about a list of stuff that needs doing - and 2 highlighter pens? Add boxes on the end and tick them off as it gets done. Then you're not nagging, but he is then responsible for doing his chores [as long as you agree that he is able to do them properly of course]....with a joint reward when the lot is done for that week/month.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X