This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NOG View Post
    Tell me about it we only have one service a year now...to welcome back the sun....you just cant get the virgins these days.
    ROFL

& for what its worth i agree with the Mods, lets keep it light folks
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
      Tell me about it we only have one service a year now...to welcome back the sun....you just cant get the virgins these days.
      On that basis they wouldn't even manage one service a year over in Essex
      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post

ROFL

& for what its worth i agree with the Mods, lets keep it light folks
        Its the person, not the topic.
        But where do you stop?

FG

Comment

Originally posted by Fluorescent green View Post
          I have nothing to take up, those are the rules.

FG
          And we all have to trust the mods to show good judgement, which they do.
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

But where do you stop?

FG
            Right here. >>> STOP

Your first thread was blatantly campaigning for a particular party FG, and the second was only marginally edited. We have already removed a similar thread by another Grape, who was very understanding about it and didn't throw any toys out of the pram.

If we have a thread promoting one party, we have to have threads promoting them all - Labour, Tory, Lib Dem, UKIp, Monster Raving Loonies, et al. And quite frankly, I don't think people want to see that on here. As confirmed by the responses above.

If anyone doesn't like the way things are run here, they can always vote with their feet

Comment

Yet another thread that causes arguments why cant people accept that a thread is removed by the mods if the mods think its wrong. I totaly agree with them doing this. I dont want to talk politics on here or any other forum. Things like Britains got talent etc are a different matter. Like with the telly if you dont like it switch off.
              Mods you do a sterling job keep it up. I wouldnt want to do it.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                Yet another thread that causes arguments why cant people accept that a thread is removed by the mods if the mods think its wrong. I totaly agree with them doing this. I dont want to talk politics on here or any other forum. Things like Britains got talent etc are a different matter. Like with the telly if you dont like it switch off.
                Mods you do a sterling job keep it up. I wouldnt want to do it.
                But surely you can't delete a thread on the grounds that it's political - probably campaigning for a party yes, but general discussion surely not - on the grounds that this is a gardening forum but then allow discussions about other non-gardening topics which the descrip[tion on the thtread head allows.

Delete it because it breaks the rules - and I don't see how it does when we discuss so many other things on here which are clearly non-gardening - but not because this is a gardening forum.

BTW, didn't see it and don't read many of the general chat threads because they don't interest me.
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Tony I did see the original thread and it was campaigning for a specific party. I would agree with the mods that that isnt appropriate here. I dont think anyone is suggesting that political debate is unacceptable.

Actually the last few threads with a political slant have been very bland, with everyone agreeing that MPs are a bunch of lying thieving so and so's. Then again they were in the General Chat section so you may not have seen them
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

But where do you stop?

FG
                    Your first thread immediately had a response saying 'ffs'....because people don't like being told what to do with their lives, and how to live them. If your posts weren't so aggressive and argumentative, perhaps people wouldn't respond in quite such a manner.

As the old adage goes 'show, don't tell'...

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                      Tony I did see the original thread and it was campaigning for a specific party. I would agree with the mods that that isnt appropriate here. I dont think anyone is suggesting that political debate is unacceptable.

Actually the last few threads with a political slant have been very bland, with everyone agreeing that MPs are a bunch of lying thieving so and so's. Then again they were in the General Chat section so you may not have seen them
                      I can see that campaigning isn't allowed and it shouldn't be.

Fiona, I do scan the titles of the threads and then decide whether to read them but we had this discussion a couple of weeks ago so no need to go through it all again.
                      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

So, who's for tea?
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

The only thing to do on thursday is VOTE if you don't as far as i am concerned you lose the right to moan think about it ....jacob
                          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                            The only thing to do on thursday is VOTE if you don't as far as i am concerned you lose the right to moan think about it ....jacob
                            Completely agree Jacob. However, Madmax won't be able to vote, he is registered here and was going to vote but having just started his new job he won't be here and didn't have time to ask for a postal vote.
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                              Fiona, I do scan the titles of the threads and then decide whether to read them but we had this discussion a couple of weeks ago so no need to go through it all again.
                              Apologies Tony, my remark was meant to be tongue in cheek. The written word doesnt always come over the way its intended
                              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                                Apologies Tony, my remark was meant to be tongue in cheek. The written word doesnt always come over the way its intended
                                Sorry Fiona, wasn't being snippy either.
                                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X