No announcement yet.

France

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two and a bit weeks and we are off to St Briac for a fortnight, Unfortunately I have to come back.

When we go to the Aude in August, we take the lady next door (who just happens to be Louis Pasteurs great grand daughter) proper bacon and English tea.

Comment

I think bacon is the only thing I miss in France. But the hams, cheeses and vino (for MrH) all make up for it
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I always miss proper English tea when I'm not at home, funnily enough only ever have one cup of it at day normally and drink herbal the rest of the time but really crave it when it's not so easy to get. And yes, I know you can buy it but you don't get tea shops abroad like you do in the UK.

Remember when I was a student visiting a friend stopping somewhere in rural France on her year out being instructed to bring about half a dozen anti persperants with me as apparently at the time (late 80s) you couldn't buy them in France apart from in M&S and there wasn't one near her. Things have probably changed since then.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Solitaire View Post
          I've not been back to the UK since I moved here in 2005
          I promised myself last year that would be the last time I went back to the UK. J is going back for grandson's graduation in July but I'm not - far too busy in the garden and I can look after the cats.

I'm going back to the UK in November to see my grandchildren but that will be the last time. All our family know where we live, we can accommodate them here and they all earn decent money so why the hell should we have to go back all the time - especially J's side who are all retired too or are in jobs where they can make the time to come see us but they expect us to go there.

Last year I was so homesick - first time EVER in my life -I really hate being away from here especially when it's not necessary.

But I do like going to the big Uk music/book stores (so much cheaper than France and Amazon/Play aren't the same as looking through the stock before you buy) and good old M&S, still sell the best boxers a man can buy
          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X