No announcement yet.

National Vegetarian Week

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ever I am in a plane crash I want it to be with a load of veggies. Cos when the food runs out they won't eat me...but they would be lovely as corn fed...
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

NOG that is terrible
      Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
      Independent Minds

Comment

I've heard it several times over the last 25 years [at every meeting, lunch, dinner, work gathering where there is food involved......yada yada yada]....

Comment

I have a friend who says she is 'vegetarian' but she eats chicken, which she doesn't regard as 'meat.'

Out for a meal one night, a couple of people at the table decided on Buffalo Wings for starters. To which my friend, perusing the menu, responded,

"Are buffalos meat?"

That happened, sure as eggs.
          Last edited by maytreefrannie; 25-05-2009, 09:05 AM. Reason: To correct spelling
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

There is an official title for a near-vegetarian who eats fish, "Pisco-vegetarian".
            Eating chicken is simply cheating. Why those whose non-vegetarian intake is small can't be content to call themselves 'near-vegetarian' (or perhaps 'semi-vegetarian') I can never understand. It is almost as if they are apologising for NOT being vegetarian. I ain't apologising!
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
              I have a friend who says she is 'vegetarian' but she eats chicken, which she doesn't regard as 'meat.'

Out for a meal one night, a couple of people at the table decided on Buffalo Wings for starters. To which my friend, perusing the menu, responded,

"Are buffalos meat?"

That happened, sure as eggs.
              i can't understand how those people can function in modern society

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
              There is an official title for a near-vegetarian who eats fish, "Pisco-vegetarian".
              Eating chicken is simply cheating. Why those whose non-vegetarian intake is small can't be content to call themselves 'near-vegetarian' (or perhaps 'semi-vegetarian') I can never understand. It is almost as if they are apologising for NOT being vegetarian. I ain't apologising!
              nor should you. it is very odd that they choose to use the word vegetarian. i have a couple of friends who rarely eat meat, but they DO eat meat. they would never describe themselves as vegetarian, even though technically they have a largely veggie diet.

i know it is all about personal taste, belief and everything, but come on people!!
              Iamhanuman

Independent Minds

Comment

I was on a course with a lady that decided that she had to have first go at the buffet as she was a veggie. I countered with I had to have first go as I was fat.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                  I was on a course with a lady that decided that she had to have first go at the buffet as she was a veggie. I countered with I had to have first go as I was fat.
                  LOL!!!

Mind you I have to say the amount of 'veggie' spreads i've seen on buffets that are either every-other-fish or just dumped on the fish spread is quite alarmingly high. there's nothing i can do about it at the time, and often i've ended up politely popping the afore-taken fishy tasting sandwich somewhere discreet while i 'fill' myself with crisps!!
                  Iamhanuman

Independent Minds

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X