MPs are carp

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackkitty View Post
    I've forgotten who it was with the £16 000 on the paid off mortgage but he apparently submitted bank statements showing £800 a month going into a saving account instead of a mortgage account. How is that a mistake? How is that not fraud and theft?
    I wish I had £800 a month to spend let alone save.
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

I know I said it before but put them against the wall and shoot them, then take the cost of the firing squad out of their bank.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post

They have gone against the spirit of the rules.
        Some of this outcry is justified, the flipping and siting the wrong house as their main residence.
        But things like claimimg for a plasma TV is a class issue. My TV is an ordinary 28" TV, but many wealthy people have large plasma TVs.
        And the rules say that they can claim for furniture and food. Even things that should be allowed made the news, bath plugs and toilet seats, essential items in any house.

They should get fewer expenses and around £100 K salary.

FG

Comment

Originally posted by Fluorescent green View Post
          And the rules say that they can claim

FG
          Who wrote the rules?
          Odd that they are squeeling about their pay but they fight every election to get voted in......and don't forget that most of them are director's of companys and have consultancys.

We pay the mortgage on the second home but they get to keep it.

When the licancing laws were in our pubs had to shut at 10:30 but they could dirink in the commons bar 24 hrs a day.

I went in the public gallery one day and there were 4 of them there. I talking two listening and one asleep. then they all run in to vote a new law in.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Our MP is having to pay back £42,000 he says he is sorry.
            Don't get me started on this i could start a war.

Comment

Topcat i could too and mine says hes sorry too.
              Blackkitty i will tell you which mp it is , its Elliot Morley(im ashamed to say my mp)
              Asked him to help me with the problems with my old lottie , the response ,we cant help .
              Bumped into him once at a diy store on a Sunday , looking back it makes you wonder if what he bought ,we payed for it.
              Hes not the only one though .It really does stink how they think the general public are green behind the ears.
              Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

Originally posted by Fluorescent green View Post
                Some of this outcry is justified, the flipping and siting the wrong house as their main residence.
                But things like claimimg for a plasma TV is a class issue. My TV is an ordinary 28" TV, but many wealthy people have large plasma TVs.
                And the rules say that they can claim for furniture and food. Even things that should be allowed made the news, bath plugs and toilet seats, essential items in any house.

FG
                If we are paying for it, they should only get the basic version. If they want something better, they can pay the difference themselves (but I agree they should get a realistic 'basic salary', and £100k sounds about right, IF the expenses nonsense is sorted).
                One thing I find totally unacceptable is taxpayers funding property which is neither in the constituency, nor in reach of the Gasworks, nor do I believe they should be entitled to 'home' expenses if they own such a property, except for an interim period if they have had to move into the constituency because they lived elsewhere before winning the seat.
                My other grouse is when a couple are both MPs, and apparently it is 'within the rules' for both of them to claim 'second home' expenses. Quite apart from how they can both represent different constituencies properly, they then get BOTH homes subsidised, which cannot be right or proper.
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

*Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600
                  employees and has the following employee statistics .
                  29 have been accused of spouse abuse
                  7 have been arrested for fraud
                  9 have been accused of writing bad cheque's
                  17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
                  3 have done time for assault
                  71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
                  14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
                  8 have been arrested for shoplifting
                  21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
                  84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year Which
                  organisation is this ?

It's the 635 members of the House of Commons, the same group that cranks
                  out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us
                  inline.
                  What a bunch of b*stards we have running our country - it says it all..
                  And just to top all that they probably have the best 'corporate' pension
                  scheme in the country!!
                  If you agree that this is an appalling state of affairs, please pass it
                  on to everyone you know. It's time to stand up to this lot !*
                  ** *WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS !!!!*
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post

*Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600
                    employees and has the following employee statistics

*** *WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS !!!!*
                    I think it has all been over-blown, but there must be some real wrong doing. But why are MPs not being charged by the police, if that is the case.

I would be interested to know where your staticics are from.

FG

Comment

I think William Hague said within the last couple of days that there is ample evidence of fraud, and that the police/fraud squad should be involved.
                      Unfortunately after the last debacle involving police and politicians, I would imagine they are loath to go in, unless they are totally sure of getting a conviction.

I think public opinion WILL actually count for something this time, and this gravy train will be changed in the near future. There have been a few cases of clear wrongdoing, but the majority of them are only abiding by the rules that they set. Its the entire system that needs overhauling, a reasonable salary and minimal expenses.
                      Tam Dalyell's bookcases, and then his refusal to see how £18,000 of the taxpayers money was a problem is more evidence of how out of touch they are with the likes of you and I.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

shock , horror , thanks for bringing it to light bw
                        Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

Given that it is the law nowadays that all scandals have to be called something ending in 'gate', it's a pity that no M.P. has put in a dodgy expenses claim for a stone fireplace bought by their ex-wife or ex-husband; if they had, we could have called it 'Late Mate Slate Grate Gate'.
                          Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Re. the thread title: do you mean there's something fishy about them?
                            Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
                              Re. the thread title: do you mean there's something fishy about them?
                              Could be some of them are sharks!
                              Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit ......

*** *WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS !!!!*
                                I would be interested to know where your statistics are from.

FG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X