How well do you know your dog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
    It's like bringing the wrong child home from school.
    You have no idea how hard I try though..................................
    Tx

Comment

There's only one Finn and there's no way he could be confused with any other dog. Even if I couldn't see him his reaction to me would leave no one in any doubt that I belong to HIM!
      A good beginning is half the work.
      Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetiepea View Post
        There's only one Finn and there's no way he could be confused with any other dog. Even if I couldn't see him his reaction to me would leave no one in any doubt that I belong to HIM!
        Gemma is unique (not many GSD xgreyhounds anyway, let alone her more individual characteristics) and yes, she owns me as much as I own her (VERY mutual). She would know OH as well; he's the one who shouldn't be let out unsupervised (in her opinion).
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

You lot have come up with right answers there are dog lovers and there are dog Owners i think my mate Wally and his oh Mary are dog owners as against dog lovers .
          And you lot have proved it thanks....jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I have pugs, among many other sighthound breeds ,and if twenty pugs were let loose together and the owners were asked to find their own dog in twenty seconds I'd be willing to bet that it would be the dog who found it's owner!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
              i was talking to my mate Wally today and he told me a tale about his wife Mary and there dog.
              They took it in to be clipped it is a Yorkie by the way any way the phone go's and Mary say i am going to fetch Suky when she gets there the girl brings Suky out on a lead Mary says it is the wrong lead so girl go's and fetch's right one .
              When mary gets home she says suky is in a good mood she has been ever so exited in the car coming home so at that Suky jumps up on to Wally's lap and licked his face .
              He says this ain't Suky she don't lick face's and this dog is bigger than Suky .
              So Frantic phone call was made and Mary took the other dog back to exchange for Suky who had gone with some one else how we do not know because she is a nasty peice of work she tries to bite me when i go round .
              So this begs the question how well do you know your dog....jacob

ROFL That is so funny
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

I did suggest a visit to Specsavers but it was not received very well....jacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  It's a yorkie not a dog!
                  ROFL!

I like big dogs, I just do, but when my daughter was little she persuaded me to get a small dog so she could hold the lead, but my son wasn't impressed with the idea. I wanted a Westie or something similar, but we couldn't find one anywhere - I think they're more abundant now. Anyway, we found a breeder with a litter of Shih Tzus just around the corner so we had one of those. When my brother called he said 'What is it?' meaning what's the breed. My son sighed in disgust and said; 'Well, it's supposed to be a dog.'
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I have worked in dog rescue centres for a long time. One day a man came in looking for his staffie. I showed him the lost dogs and he found his dog..... 2 hours later when the kids came out of school he returned with dog and kids and said kids told him this is not their dog.

Took the kids round the lost dogs area and couldn't find their dog, went back to reception where they found their dog on a lead attached to a man who was also returning a staffie he had identified as his but his kids told him no!

They just identified the wrong staffies by accident (who looked identical) but the kids knew the difference immediatly!

I would never mistake my German Shepherd but I have occasionally not recognised my mums cocker when it has been clipped.

Comment

Oooh, another GSD owner Does yours 'talk' to you too? Show uz your pics then?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                        Gemma is only part GSD. She has a wider range of vocalisations than any dog I have met, including (very rarely) a howl that would do credit to a spaniel. I think she gets that one from the other side of her ancestry, greyhound.....
                        She seems to know her 'own kind' (both sorts) and reacts rather differently to dogs which are of similar type to her own ancestors. The tone when she barks at a GSD or a sight-hound sounds decidedly like "Cor I could fancy that one!"

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          Yes he is always 'talking', even when he's asleep he is still chattering! He even huffs and sighs at me when he's not pleased about something! Do you have one too?

I'll have a look to see how to put a piccie up.

Hilary B, if Gemma is the dog on your avater then she definately has that "I am noble, I am GSD" look about her.

Comment

That's how I ended up with Madderbat she took me home thinking I was her husband.
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              That's how I ended up with Madderbat she took me home thinking I was her husband...
                              ROFL - nice one BW.

My Sister had a rescue (ex-coursing) Greyhound, she was very quiet and shy, not at all outgoing until she saw another Greyhound then it was like she had been plugged into the mains! Animated isn't the word for it
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by dillydallydaisy View Post
                                Yes he is always 'talking', even when he's asleep he is still chattering! He even huffs and sighs at me when he's not pleased about something! Do you have one too?

I'll have a look to see how to put a piccie up.

Hilary B, if Gemma is the dog on your avater then she definately has that "I am noble, I am GSD" look about her.
                                Yep, that's her! She has a very strong sense of her own dignity, which makes it highly amusing when she does something... undignified, like chasing her tail, or falling over. She also does a good 'how dare you' look if we laugh at her...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X