No announcement yet.

My dog Max

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((Hugs)))) from me, I am writing this with a lump in my throat Thinking of you.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine! We are all here for each other; we share our tears and laughter on here.

So sorry to hear abour Max; my thoughts are with you and I fully understand how you are feeling! ((( Hugs ))) for you.

All of us pet lovers at one time or another, have walked a few miles in your shoes so in that respect we are 1!!! We know how you are feeling, so many emotions rattle around in your head and heart! A sense of relief that your beloved pet is out of pain and now at peace, but also that of betrayal for the hard decision we have made for our pet and the sorrow and loss that we feel now they are no longer with us! Time helps us to come to terms with these things so in that sense, as time passes it gets a little easier to handle our emotions, so in turn life and every day things get just a little more easy to deal with!

Chat to us any time, there is always someone who will chat back to you!

Best wishes Jan
      Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
        Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
        There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
        There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
        The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

(Author unknown)
        Ahh that is so beautiful it has bought tears to my eyes I'm choked what a lovely way to put into words what we all hope for our lost beloved pets and ourselves! Thanks OWG!
        Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dear Timemellowed, I hope this helps. It helped us when we lost our dear old Jake...

If it should be that I grow frail and weak, and pain should keep me from my sleep,
          Then you must do what must be done, for this, the last battle can't be won.
          You will be sad, I understand, don't let your grief yet stay your hand.
          For this day, more than the rest, your love and friendship stand the test.
          We've had so many happy years, what is to come can hold no fears;
          You'd not want me to suffer so, when the time comes, let me go.
          Take me where my needs they'll tend, only stay with me till the end.
          And hold me firm and speak to me untill my eyes no longer see.
          I know in time that you will see it's kindness that you do for me.
          Although my tail it's last has waved, from pain and suffering I've been saved
          Do not grieve that it should be you who has to decide this thing to do.
          We've been so close these many years, Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Go on luvvie, let it all out, then remember all the good times
          Big, big hugs
          xxx
          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Oh, no. I truly feel for you. We had to have our beautiful Black Lab put to sleep in October 2007 and it took me a long, long time to get over it. There's nothing anyone can say to make it easier, but having others who know what you are going through can be a great help so telling us here was probably a very good idea. I still miss our old boy dreadfully, but it does get easier eventually. You gave him the best care and love throughout his life, and in the end you did the last kind thing you could for him. My thoughts are with you
            love Bluemoon

Creemteez that was lovely *crying again*
            Last edited by bluemoon; 30-04-2009, 07:52 PM.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

My dad had his beloved lucy put to rest 4 weeks ago, then 4 days later his little mate casey the cat was hit and killed by a car ( he was found and taken to the vets but couldnt be saved but at least someone tried) he was devastated, this is his 3rd dog he's had to do this too, he will never forget any of them but time is helping him to heal, i hope your heartache passes. x
              Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Hello. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can appreciate what you are going through, having had cats for the last 25 years and having been in the position you are in now. All I can say is that the pain will ease, but it will take time. Allow yourself to cry and let your emotions go, dont bottle it all up. But remember the happy times youve had, and treasure them, and in time these memories will bring you comfort. Wish I could do more to help. Bernie aka Dexterdoglancashire
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Oh dear...I'm really sorry for your loss.....it's so hard isn't it when a special pet has gone

My most special pet of all- my cat Neo- was squashed on a rural road out here within the first months we moved out here last Autumn.
                  I've still not got over it- although we have another lovely cat..he's just not the same. I still cry for him from time to time.

My thoughts are with you xx
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

so sorry to hear of your loss. I had my lovely dog put to sleep over a year ago and I'm still sitting here in tears!
                    It does get easier but you don't forget them...as already said the non pet people must think we're nuts! But a lot of us here understand.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I miss my old dog everyday even though I haven't had him with me now for 7 years.

Maybe you can plant something so everytime you are washing up you can see the plant and think of him.

Comment

I have kept dogs in quantity for many years and one would think that the loss of one little dog would go un-noticed in such a pack. No!One lost friend leaves a huge dog-shaped hole in your life and it takes a long while to fill. I lost the love of my life, my dog in a lifetime, three years ago and, tragically, a fourteen month old whippet in an R.T A. a week ago. It will fade, just keep telling yourself that,
                        "When some great sorrow, like a mighty river
                        Flows through your life with peace-destroying power
                        Say to your heart each trying hour,
                        "This too will pass away"

Comment

Sorry to read you've lost your dog Max. They are part of the family, and loved as such, thus it breaks our heart when we lose them.

We had to have our Boxer put down last year, and as you say it's hard when they don't come bounding up to greet you when you come home, and you miss their cold wet nose nudging your hand when they want affection.

Perhaps in time you'll be able to give another dog the loving home that Max obviously had, but rest assured that you did the kindest thing for your pal. It hurts, but it will get easier to bear. Just give yourself time to deal with your loss.

Comment

Dear All,

You have been so kind and have given me so much support with your contributions here. I have read them over and over and they have helped me tremendously. Thank you so, so much.

Comment

Hello timemellowed. So sorry to be making my first contact with you under such sad circumstances. I can't hold back the tears. Loosing someone so close is heart wrenching. The only consolation is that in your heart Max will never be gone. Love never dies, and for the cynics out there that means love for our pets too. They share so much of our lives and bring such wonderful pleasure and companionship.

I truly hope you find another dog to love. Not to replace Max, but to give another dog the chance to be loved the way Max obviously was.
                              A good beginning is half the work.
                              Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X