:DYay!!...We may just get a summer!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    I hate to be cynical...no I don't, its the way I'm made...but don't they say that every year?

'We're set for an Indian Summer this year' - reality is a completely normal summer.
    'It can't be as bad as last year' - reality, it probably will be, coz thats just the norm for the UK

I actually really love rain, and it means I don't have to water the garden and lottie so often. I don't do well in heat, so actually a 'normal' summer would be just fine with me. If I wanted it hot, I'd go abroad for a fortnight. So long as we get enough sunny spells for my fruit and veg to grow and ripen without being burnt to a crisp I'm happy.

PS...Sorry everyone who likes hot summers
    You wouldn't be in North Kent by any chance as this is the dryest region of the UK, if you are you probably dont know what rain is

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      I always get that one wrong! I though it was "the oak before the ash, a soak and not a splash; the ash before the oak, a splash and not a soak."

Of course, getting it wrong makes a WHOLE lots of difference!
      OOOh errr! It could be me that's wrong - I've never heard the actual saying in full. Fingers crossed anyway!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Erhm sorry for being a bit of a nerd, I googled it and this is how the saying goes apparently.
        "Ash before Oak, we're in for a soak Oak before Ash, we're in for a splash.

So fingers crossed we may actually be able to use our bbq more than a couple of times this year !

Comment

Originally posted by newbieveggie View Post

So fingers crossed we may actually be able to use our bbq more than a couple of times this year !
          Oh I do hope so! I think we only managed ONE BBQ last year As a South African now living in rainy England, I NEED my fix of BBQs in the summer to get me through the year!
          Suzie

Comment

Oak before ash, only a splash. Ash before oak, in for a soak. Also the rooks are building high which foretells a dry summer.

Comment

Six witches watch six Swatch watches.Which witch watches which Swatch watch???
              Last edited by coreopsis; 30-04-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
                Six witches watch six Swatch watches.Which witch watches which Swatch watch???
                Methinks the (as yet unproven) threat of a decent summer has gone to your head lol

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                  Methinks the (as yet unproven) threat of a decent summer has gone to your head lol
                  I think that even a vision of hot summer in Britain(especially in north Scotland)makes me sweaty and dizzy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X