Can you get me up tomorrow please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
    1 hour & 50 minutes to get ready???...at that hour I think I'd attempt it in ten!
    I can do bed to London in that time even now.
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

I feel sicky for you. When I commuted, I used to get on the train with rubbish hair and no make-up, barely able to speak. A bit of mirror-time and two coffee and criossants later, I used to alight a totally different person!

Worst journey in recent years was a 3.15 a.m. start in mountains near Ronda, to get a flight from Portugal later that day. That was definately a sicky one.

Good luck anyway!
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        I...- before 1pm do you okay?
        save ya dosh, normal is fine - kittens will take 'em in for me

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
        1 hour & 50 minutes to get ready???...
        you haven't met me have you! I now buy polyfilla through Wayne and the Construction Industry
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

It would take 'Reveille' with the bugle next to my pillow to convince me. And then....
          That thar London be a biiiig scarey place for a country bumpkin like me
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            save ya dosh, normal is fine - kittens will take 'em in for me

you haven't met me have you! I now buy polyfilla through Wayne and the Construction Industry
            OK, as soon as I get my act together they will be on their way.

don't be doing yourself down re the polyfilla you are a very lovely lass - younger son refers to my makeup as 'instacrete'
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
              ..That thar London be a biiiig scarey place for a country bumpkin like me
              me too and on Friday 'client' wants me to stay into the evening for food stuffs
              *see Piskie try to get back to safe country bumpkin land whilst under the fluence

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
              ...don't be doing yourself down re the polyfilla you are a very lovely lass..
              awww thanks
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                me too and on Friday 'client' wants me to stay into the evening for food stuffs
                *see Piskie try to get back to safe country bumpkin land whilst under the fluence
                Do these people not realise just what they are asking of a country bumpkin? And whatever you do stay away from those underground train thingies there be monsters in them holes
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Never use the tube when I go to London I always walk if I am going anywhere in the central area it is generally quicker.
                  I can walk from St Pancras to the House of Commons in half an hour.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

actually I quite 'like' the underground - well, maybe like is a bit strong, but it sure gets you around the darn place quickly and they don't even scare me
                    *puffs chest
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

I hate them, and the escalator bit is the worst.

I suggest a skype meeting where all parties can remain at home in bed in pj's if preferred and no-one needs to venture to that thar unsafe londoninium place!
                      Or failing that use telepathy

Comment

I don't 'do' underground, and even when London didn't bother me, the underground was a 'no way' situation. I once (about 31 years ago) worked near St Paul's Cathedral for 8 weeks (lived in High Wycombe then) and rather than use the underground to get from Marylebone to St Paul's I took a bicycle on the mainline train and cycled the length of Oxford Street (which is actually not bad, because there are no cars, just buses, taxis and bikes).
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Good luck with that Piskie, that's very early. OH always wants us to leave for fishing at stoopid o clock at the weekends - yeah right!!

Big scarey place London, I don't even like Exeter these days, too many people, all getting in my way - I'm turning (turned?) into a grumpy old woman!
                          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

5am!

I always thought I was a morning person (morning being 7am - 8am) until I started having to get up at 5.30am, 4 days a week, nearly a year ago when I started working for my Dad's business and simultaneously moved just over 30 miles away... I wish I could say I've got used to it... I still feel slightly sick some mornings!

I wouldn't work for anyone else for all the money in the world, working for the family business is the best thing I've done but darn it painters and decorators start early!

Well, nearly my bed time!

Good luck Piskie!
                            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I'm an owl not a lark but have to get my son up for a trip to Belgium this friday - 5am leave time. I'm feeling very sick already - given he's a teenager who thinks midday saturday is me torturing him, god help me trying to get him out of bed!!!

Comment

Think it must be bed time already - hope you sleep well and awake afresh for your London adventure !! (I would be awake all night worrying about oversleeping)
                                BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                                Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X