No announcement yet.

woodlice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with the damp theory. My cottage is a Victorian one and quite damp. I don't doubt that this attracts them. They're kind of cute, but there's not many of them and only after rainy days do I see them. My garden hygeine is appalling, looking at Alice's post, so this is possibly (definitely??) a HUGE factor for me! Oops!

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
      Yes hygiene problem in the garden HilaryB.
      You know, the dead leaves lying around in the greenhouse, the plant pots, in odd corners, under plants, all the places that haven't been cleared up.
      Woodlice just love to live in such places.
      Yes , you'll still get them in the log store and such places, but if you clean where you don't want them (around your plants) there will be no problem.
      I can be tactless at times (and that post was obviously one of them).
      I simply don't want a hygienic garden. It rather detracts from the object of the exercise. Even tidiness (which is what you describe) is only for 'particular' places (like the greenhouse, and close to the house). Woodlice around the plants wouldn't bother me. They aren't a PROBLEM there, as far as I know.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        Chickens - they love 'em!
        You took the words out of my mouth - just like the chooks try to take the woodlice from each other's beaks!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X