It's a girl !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh how adorable, congrats two sheds

I'd love to have some sort of bird as a pet one day but my sister had budgies when we were younger and they were noisey little buggers which puts me off
    My Album, Progress so Far: -
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Yes, a Conure, and a budgie:
      Aaaw!They're all lovely!Has the baby met the other two yet?Hope they settle well together...the first two look more than happy with each other!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Not yet, I think a name will become clear once we've known her for a few days.

At the moment "NO" is a likely candidate.
        If you have to keep saying NO enough times, that will more than likely be the first word she says! lol What a sweetie pye!
        Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

What a beauty! Congrats Two Sheds.
          A good beginning is half the work.
          Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Well worth the wait!!!!- bet you were out of bed at the crack of dawn to go and play with her !!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My daughter used to have a Jenday conure named Jasper, he was so lovely but very, very noisey! They are said to be the most noisey, some can speak but he could not! He did try to say hello, every time we said it to him, he would try to reply! He would make the same noise over and over, was very different to him just screeching for attention

Unfortunately her OH could not stand the noise, also they both workk shifts so Jasper did not get the attention he deserved so he was rehomed at the National Parrot Sanctuary in Linconshire. It was a long drive to get him there but a lovely place.

No more wing clipping for him, room for him to fly around and a mix of an indoor and outdoor life, his choice to chose which he wanted to take! The people there also said that they had a nice little girlfriend lined up for him, so all in all it was a good move for him! That was a while ago now possibly over a year ago.

I still miss him though as I often used to baby sit him when the kids were away. I had him for a few months when the kids moved house and had a fair bit of decorating to do. He went from me straight to the sanctuary, to make it more easy for him! I had mixed feelings because I missed him but knew it was better for him!
              Below is the web link for them!

Dedicated Psittacine Zoo & Parrot Rescue - United Kingdoms National Sanctuary.
              Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

You'll have to watch what you say now, Two Sheds, and how you say it, for they're fabulous mimics.
                My sister had one and it could mimic everybody in the house - shouting, whispering, whistling, the lot.
                Very entertaining. Enjoy.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

awwww how cute
                  Blessed Be

Comment

She'd beautiful, TwoSheds
                    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Very cute, amazing how she is cuddling into Mr TS. Never imagined birds doing that (more of a doggie person)

Comment

Originally posted by veggielover View Post
                        ..slepy under a sheet of newspaper too, which was strange.
                        My conure sleeps under the newspaper only in the spring, when he's in full-on aggressive male mode.
                        They roost in hollowed out trees in the wild, so I think they like to hide.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                          Aaaw!They're all lovely!Has the baby met the other two yet?Hope they settle well together...the first two look more than happy with each other!
                          The baby jumped on top of the other cage this morning, and got her toes bitten

Jasper (the conure) is still the boss of this house
                          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-04-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Well worth the wait!!!!- bet you were out of bed at the crack of dawn to go and play with her !!!!
                            4am

(but she was asleep, so I had to doze until 6)

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                              they're fabulous mimics.
                              My sister had one and it could mimic everybody in the house - shouting, whispering, whistling, the lot.
                              Very entertaining. Enjoy.
                              That's why I went for a Grey (I prefer the look of a cockatoo). She just has little growls, purrs and a spaceship noise at the moment.

Comment

That's it.
                                She's called KALI (Hindu goddess of destruction)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-04-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X