Haslet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nippy View Post
    I used to love chittlins when I was a child, when I didn't put much thought into what I was eating!
    We also nearly lived on braun, yuck yuck yuck
    Unlike today we ate what was put in front of us or we did not eat.
    Still love bread and dripping (beef) yum yum him in the corner like's it as well ....jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I like Brains.

S A Brains Brewery Homepage
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

They show you how brawn is made on The Wartime Garden on UKTV
        The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

My grandad used to eat pigs heads.....now you have to a strong stomch to watch that.

He also used to cook tripe......cor that used to stink.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
            I like Brains.
            I would like some brains - oh I see...
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

[QUOTE.

He also used to cook tripe......cor that used to stink.[/QUOTE]

If you cook tripe ala Mrs Beatons recipe it is spot on i cook it that way....jacob
              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by pdblake View Post
                My eldest daughter has refused to eat sausages since she heard that woman say something like "anyone who thinks they've never had a sausage with an eyeball in it, is wrong"
                Which is one of the reasons I started making my own. Haven't done it for a while though. Here's the first batch I made:

I only use pork shoulder in my sausages. I get the butcher to hack it off the carcass in front of me so I get a good meat to fat ratio

Comment

They look lovely Crundy, if I ate meat I'd want some!
                  Dad used to eat every disgusting thing going when I was little, tripe, haslet brawn, giblets, pigs trotters & cow heel, think he got me to try one or two of them once but never more than that!
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Those ones wern't very nice in the end. I put too much seasoning in and so the mace flavour was a bit overpowering. I think I might have another stab next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nippy View Post
                      I used to love chittlins when I was a child, when I didn't put much thought into what I was eating!
                      We also nearly lived on braun, yuck yuck yuck
                      There's a song that goes -
                      "You can buy them soft or hard, by the pouhnd or by the yard!
                      Chitterlings is all I crave"
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I think I'm going to become a vegetarian.....

Comment

We grew our own pigs at one time, so we made sausages from all the 'odd shaped' bits, but never the disgusting bits (I bought the sausage skins, because preparing them is a messy job).
                          I have made brawn, and very nice it was too, but I am fussy and took out all the 'nasty' bits (skin mainly, but also ears) at the final stage. You have to boil the whole head initially, because the bones and skin contain the gelatin to make it 'set', but once you have got your jellified stock, you only include the bits you are happy with. I added a couple of onions, and plenty of chilli (in whatever form it is available) to make a spicey brawn. Great stuff, and keeps almost forever in the freezer.
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X