No announcement yet.

Found my first pallet today!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Orkney, every smaller farm has a few gates made from dismembered pallets (sometimes a lot). Feed arrives on pallets, it is more bother to take the pallets back than the value, so the farmers keep them, and use them to make gates for lambing pens (and other similar uses)
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

OH is the best skip diver I know, he's always coming home with things he's liberated which I might find handy for the lottie. Amongst other thinigs, he's got me 10 old car tyres and about 8 pallets in various states of repair. Currently some of the tyres have strawberries planted in them but the rest and the pallets are weighing down some tarps covering part of the plot we've not touched yet but they will be used for compost bins in a few months time when I clear that area. Good isn't it, getting something for free?!?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I find myself now looking into skips when I pass by them, oh dear, it's getting serious now lol

Comment

Blue pallets illegal - oh dear, but I asked and was given!

Think I'll pop down the allotment tomorrow with a tin of paint before I get a dawn raid

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X