Garden Visitor ID help needed please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjh75 View Post
    They're protected they are... came across millions my previous job, many a development was delayed because the slow worms had to be environmentally translocated before work could start on the ground.
    Please explain this to my cat?
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I get slow worms on my lottie, if you can find somewhere to leave a piece of corrugated iron undisturbed where the sun can reach it,( I have a piece about 80cms sq), you will find that as the weather gets warmer they will spend part of the day under it, enjoying the warmth. They are nocturnal and breed around August time, producing live young. they are not related to snakes but are legless lizzards. They are so beautiful, the young ones are like strips of polished copper, cherish them , they are getting quite rare in some areas.
      Last edited by Lottieval; 13-04-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I have a Small section which is between 2 fences which No cats or chickens can get too and I do not cultivate.

I'm used to snakes, geckos and big lizards, coming from Africa.

Quite chuffed about a legless lizard. Wonder what he's been drinking
        Last edited by RedThorn; 13-04-2009, 03:11 PM.
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Perhaps the beer in your slug traps is too strong, better put up a health warning!

Comment

I thought that applied to newts??
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
              Please explain this to my cat?
              ha ha! Don't think cats have to follow any laws... slow worm protection or otherwise
              pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

No I think the perfect name for him is Remba - meaning beautiful in african?
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Dont know about a name lol. My 2nd son used to bring them home all the time when he was younger, he hid them in the cellar until one of his brothers told on him lol. Also when he was a toddler he asked me for a jam jar when I asked him why he just kept repeating that he wanted a jam jar, when I eventually got him to tell me what he wanted one for he said to put these in and pulled out a handfull of worms from his coat pocket lol. Maybe thats why he keeps snakes now.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

I found one today down by my compost bins. Lovely things, used to keep loads of them when I was a kid, in my naive innocence.
                    Great things, much better than the bl**dy rat I found in my dalek today.
                    Bob Leponge
                    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Dalek?....hmmmm....nope.... not gonna rise to the bait!
                      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Definately a slowworm. I used to have a pet one called Fred.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X