No announcement yet.

how to find someone!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annie if they had filled in the electoral role then the council would have a record of them. I think you can forget hoping that they will have filled in any offical forms.

You could try the crafty way to flush them out. An advert in the local paper saying one of them has been left something in a will and to contact your solicitor.
    [

Comment

Just a thought think they got married whilst at this address any ideas how i can look into this??? NO experience of this area so sorry if seem thick..

Comment

Get in touch (phone) with the registrars office which is usually at the town hall. They will tell you how and if you can get this information.
        Last edited by Lesley Jay; 13-10-2006, 02:19 PM.
        [

Comment

Just want to say GOOD LUCK like people have said above data protection is going to prevent you finding alot out do you know anyone at the local post office or the postie that delivers to that house give a good sob story and they might be able to let you know a forwarding address but again they will be breaking data protection

Comment

Annie - if the tenants paid their rent to you by cheque/standing order you could trace them through their bank but you would need a solicitor to do it.

Comment

Like UG just said be careful about the data protection act. Unless a solicitor gets the information for you legally, any case you bring to court could get thrown out and you could end up being prosecuted yourself. Sorry I know it's not much help but the only way to go is through a solicitor.

Comment

thanks to all for advice, i have a forwarding address...YES.
                Rung the council and they say will greatly help my case and as i got a letter sat saying the bailiffs were coming round not a moment too soon. It would really have shocked the new tenants their furniture being removed!!

Any way whilst i was on this job rung the council and notified them where they were living and guess what they havent told them again, i wonder how long they have been getting away with this??

Any way one happy bunny now polytunnel here i come.....

Comment

That's good news Annie.
                  [

Comment

That's great news Annie. What will you put in it when you get it?
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Dont know spoilt for choice. Definitely toms as cant get enough and mine were outside this year and never got passed the green stage, good for chutney not much else.

Comment

Glad to hear that you have found you ex tenants - 192.com is worth a look if you are trying to trace someone.

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know i have just spoken to the council(again!) my case has been reviewed and we now owe £32.00!! Thank God,i can sleep again now thanks to you all who gave me helpfull tips had to turn sleuth for this one!!

Comment

Excellent news Annie! Now you can buy your polytunnel !!
                            [

Comment

Yep and may even go out for tea to celebrate, how decadent on a tuesday night!!

Comment

Well donw Annie! Nice to know of a happy ending!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X