biased BBC at the G20

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    ...I'm afraid that policemen behave like a pack, when in a pack, same as hoodies do
    are you referring to all Policemen?
    do you believe Policewomen behave differently?
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Dunno, why not ask marialittlebzz's friends? That's the point isn't it - most were there for peaceful protest! If the Police can't behave responsibly in a job they are well trained and well paid to do, then they should get another job!
      What, a policeman should just take abuse and have bottles and acid thrown at them, I hope you are not saying they should just accept that, and because they are paid well. No one in our society deserves that abuse just because they are doing a job, just watching Hospital last night was enough to make my blood boil, when it comes to our social changes.

The problem is that the people doing it stand behind the 'good' protesters and manipulate their movements, leaving usually the innocent ones to take the can as they get involved in the moment.

An economist in one of the Sundays worked out that the amount of money to protest (just the protesters) must of been in the millions, so why didn't they stay at home and send the money to Oxfam, surely that would of been of a more benefit to poverty.
      HAPPY 'Growing My Own'
      Dale

Comment

As you were...

Play nice
        Last edited by SarzWix; 08-04-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Every time there is a G20 summit - it ends up like this -poor little dreadlocked vandal gets hurt and it's all the nasty policemans fault.

If you go to these protests / rallies/ demonstrations you know how its going to turn out - it happens every time.
          Solution - stay at home and no nasty policemen will hit you with a truncheon

At least be responsible for your own actions.
          Last edited by beefy; 08-04-2009, 09:27 PM.
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            As you were...

Play nice
            good decision in my opinion Mod but I'm too tired to play now but when I do it is mostly nicely
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Sadly there are some that seem incapable of playing nicely.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Daleclarke has a point. The newspapers only show a small clip as the bigger picture is not going to sell the news as it will actually show the big picture. The officers policing the protestors are doing a difficult job and have to make a judgement there and then! Before you criticise put yourself in their shoes and imagine what they have to face. Although they get training, a uniform etc.... they are a human being (but that seems to be forgotten). Before we become judge and jury on a small limited clip, wait for the investigation by the IPCC who will have all the material to analyse.
                Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                  He probably had his hands in his pockets to show he wasnt going to do anything and just got caught up in what was happening. Why would you walk into something like that surley there was another route he could have taken, it says he sold newspapers around the corner so he knew his way around.
                  It shouldnt have happened.
                  You sound as though you're trying to excuse what happened. Maybe he could have found another route, but the fact is that he was strolling along minding his own business and doing no harm to anyone, when a copper attacked him from behind for no reason.
                  Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

I am not making excuses, I am just pointing out that you only see what the news editor wants you to see and there is no background to it. If the officer has done something wrong when the whole context is examined then I would be the first to call for him to be prosecuted!
                    Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                    Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
                      You sound as though you're trying to excuse what happened. Maybe he could have found another route, but the fact is that he was strolling along minding his own business and doing no harm to anyone, when a copper attacked him from behind for no reason.
                      How do you know the facts then, how do you know that there was no reason, your post seems to be as blinkered as the news clip. we just dont know what happened - when the results from the IPCC come in then you can make those kind of statements (if applicable).
                      Last edited by kernowyon; 09-04-2009, 11:14 AM. Reason: more
                      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                      Bob Dylan

Comment

yes it is a right to protest. When thousands of people go on the street to protest I call that : a democratic right.
                        yes it is the police job to protect us. To make sure we can use our right to protest, not preventing it by "kettling" people and blocking them for hours. If someone attack them, they can ARREST but not ASSAULT those people.

the point is not : is the police responsible for the death of this poor man.

the point is that we have the future of our children in our hand, not focusing on the penny day by day, but the bigger picture THE REAL BIGGER PICTURE.
                        Which is making this world better than it is now, we all have a responsibility in that. Saying that the police is right in assaulting people because they have to cope with a few "criminals" amongst many "innocent" is just the same as saying : work all your life for **** money, spend your old days with no heating or access to care, and please , don't protest about it.
                        I can't believe that the police intelligence doesn't have the tools to know exactly who are the ones likely to make trouble at the demonstration before hand. They knew that RBS bank will be targeted and yet, do you see any policeman around this area when the few extremists crash the window ? Do you see a mass movement of violence there ?
                        all you see is a few stupid guy smashing the windows and a hord of cameraman trying to catch the image.
                        And please, for those who just comment saying that there were violence targeted on the police this day, this is all in your imagination. Because there werent any. It was a peaceful protest.
                        Unless one wants to protect the "status quo" by saying give up your rights, " the little cherubs human rights ", stay at home so you won't get any trouble.

Why do we have those rights today ?
                        isn't it because people before us have fought for it ?

in respect of your elders, and in consideration of our children, stand up for your rights !!!
                        Police violence is one amongst many issue that we shouldn't be afraid to point at. Climate change is real and there is no way we can avoid it.
                        Do you want to be remembered as the "stupid" people who let it all happened ?
                        maybe because they had better things to do like counting how much cost the taxpayer to clean after the demonstration ?
                        (... I wonder how much money from the taxpayer is going into allowance for MPs and other KNOWN but accepted corruption...)

Sorry but I don't. Life is short . But history is always in making.
                        Last edited by marialittlebzz; 09-04-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Whilst I fully agree that we all have the right to peacefully protest and not to be crushed by the authorities, I personally wasn't there. I've only seen what was shown on short clips. It is terrible that anybody should suffer, let alone die and no, we shouldn't stand back and let something which is wrong pass by as normal. However, we also have a responsibility not to judge en mass without knowing the facts. As I have already stated on the thread which is now closed, discussing this at length on a gardening site won't make one jot of difference. If anybody really cares then write to their MP, the press or whatever but simply stating here that they are outraged doesn't help and to be honest is probably just a waste of their time.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ard_28310.html

If you have a problem with a Moderator's decision, please use the PMing system to question it, not the open forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              discussing this at length on a gardening site won't make one jot of difference. If anybody really cares then write to their MP, the press or whatever but simply stating here that they are outraged doesn't help and to be honest is probably just a waste of their time.
                              I agree but couldn't t help it !
                              it's one of those things that we could debate forever. I love debate

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                ... However, we also have a responsibility not to judge en mass without knowing the facts....
                                I totally second this comment.
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X