Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that you lost your friend xxx

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss hunny, I REMEMEBER when I lost my zepee, my beloved horse it was hard and painful but he had some many years of happiness with me. There will be this huge hole in your life but know that he was happy with you.

He was a real cutie and obviously going to be sorely missed.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))hunny xx
      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by -pat m View Post
        How old was Little B?
        Mid to late thirties! He was an old man when I got him and only seriously went downhill from November last year. He picked up in December, then went downhill again in January/February in the cold spell. He hadn't picked up since.
        Thanks all, for your messages. xx

Comment

Really sorry for you all, especially poor Henry. I think when you've had a little time I would get another pony if only for his sake even though I'd be worrying that the same thing would happen again.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Horses don't live to such a grand age without lots of tlc, you obviously gave him a wonderful retirement. Its very upsetting when this happens and I do feel for you.

Comment

He looks very like one of our old ponies (who is much the same age), so my heart goes to you. I understand about wanting to get a companion for Henry. Have you thought about contacting the ILPH - think they are called World Horse Welfare nowadays - they always have companion horses and ponies available. We 'rescued' an old clydesdale mare called Holly a while back and we all fell in love with her within 5 minutes of her being here!

Comment

Awww...

He looks like a grand ol fella! R.I.P Henry.

Wren

Comment

He had a long life and died in his home ((((((((hugs))))))))))
                  We lost a 4 year old who was kicked in the diaphram (sp) which ruptured and killed him, i was so heartbroken i couldnt speak for 3 days

Comment

How are you doing today??
                    I was thinking about you in the early hours of the morning.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Don't worry about me, Nicos, really. Although I feel sad, it's Henry who is bearing the brunt of the effects. For those recommending the rescue charities, I've tried that in the past. The problem is, they take so long to do the admin, you can have another pony well before they match you with one.

My thinking for a companion is a rideable one and a youngster. That way there is little pressure to exercise the beastie too much and I can take my time 'bringing him/her on', whilst Henry starts to wind down to his retirement.

Henry was better in the field, yesterday (no calling) and OH is still going up there in the mornings, just to say hello and give him a herbie treat.

Comment

How about trying the pony sales as prices are so low !!! i was banned from going to the Beaulie road sales as i kept bringing a box full back with me !

Comment

Sorry to hear the sad news SlugLobber. My Aunts horse got put down last September and she opted to rehome a new one from World Horse Welfare (ILPH). It seemed to be quite a quick process and she picked up her new horse at the start of November (she didn't start looking straight away). I have heard reports that horse charities are struggling to rehome horses at the moment and are putting this down to the credit crunch. Perhaps this will make the process quicker than you have experienced in the past? Hope you find a new horse to keep Henry company soon.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your news. He looked a great fellow. I know its not much comfort at this time, but Im sure he passed away peacefully, despite what you found. Sending you big hugs, wish I could say something that will ease your pain. Try and remember all the happy times youve had together. Love Bernie
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Terribly sad news. Poor you, and poor Henry, how horrid for both of you. These animals, they find their way into your hearts and give you so much happiness, but also so much sadness. Thinking of you ((((hugs)))).
                              Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X