I dont understand some people

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogesse View Post
    Thanks I feel really guilty now! My allotment is looking the worst for wear (lots of grass) as I've not been able to give it my all over the last 6 months. In my defence My mother passed away 2000 miles away all of a sudden and my dad had a bit of a breakdown so I've had to give up my job and spend the best part of that time abroad.

I did tell people what had happened but it hasn't stopped the bitching, possibly because we are a very small site with lots of people (particularily relatives) wanting a plot.

To make ammends I did spend 8 hrs down there today and I can truely sympathize with the lack of thanks - the people moaning about me are the same lot happy to have me strim their pathways and take advantage of my transit van when collecting horse/cow/chicken poo as well as gladly helping with the hard graft on their plots.

Aaaaah a good rant is good for the soul!
    I feel for you Rogesse. Your comments about people just seem to be the 'norm' nowadays, unfortunately. I'm not a million miles from you (about an hour with a following wind) so if you get really stuck there's a little band of us Essex Bods who could be called on! Hope it all goes well
    Last edited by Glutton4...; 04-04-2009, 09:19 PM.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      Always always always plan into your calcs a certain amount of what I call 'muckwittage' although I may have spelt it slightly wrong.

No matter what, more often than not you WILL get a fair amount of it.

And if it doesn't happen, then someone upstairs likes you.

xxx

Zazen, I'd have thought being a 'muckwit' would be a good thing - in allotment or gardening terms!

But, if you spelt it wrong...

Seriously, Allotment Lady, my heart goes out to you, it's tough to see plots being neglected when you've put so much into your allotment site. Allowing that there are sometimes reasons why people can't keep their plots in order at times, surely in those cases contacting the secretary or committee to explain would be the way to go.

Thanks and appreciation cost nothing but mean so much to those who've given time and effort to improve things for everyone.
      Last edited by maytreefrannie; 04-04-2009, 10:19 PM.
      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I know exactly how you feel, I've always try to do people good turns, help here, assist there, you know the sort of thing. If I've got anything that I have no use for anymore, then I'd rather give it away than bin it.

But sometimes things just get a bit to much and yes it is upsetting when you try to help someone and then they totally ignore you.
        I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

contacting the committee maytreefrannie is no good, they dont listen, all they are interested in, is themselves.................
          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

You can't keep on beating yourself up because of other peoples' deficiencies - you'll just make yourself more and more angry and, in time, it'll affect your health. Your work in getting new plots and helping other people is exemplary and worthy of a 'Dameship' at least. But there comes a time when you have to hand over to others and, when you do this, you have to indulge in a lot of tongue biting! (I have learnt this the hard way over many years.)

Treasure the memories of what you have achieved - you have the satisfaction of knowing what you have done even if others now step in and take over your reins.
            Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

On my site in meppershall, there are so many weedy, neglected plots that mine looks incredible in comparison.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X