No announcement yet.

Gardeners World

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say...nobody has said they didn't like it....

Comment

Mmmmm! Im on the fence at the mo. Not sure if I like Toby, hate the Top Gear bit. Maybe it will get better???? Bring back Chris B and Mr A T!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        It all went a bit 'Top Gear' at the end though....
        We both thought that (him under sufferance at having to watch it in the first place lol), and he's used to women with power tools
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

That is true... however I have seen how these things can turn (have remembered prevous heate threads...)

I LIKED the prog

Looking forward to the veggies next week

Comment

Hubby mentioned top gear as well with the in/out wall - and was chuffed they had his initials in front of the table!

Can't say he warmed to Alys - He's already got a posh bossy ginger (I prefer redhead) bird who's keen on power...... sorry power tools, 2 would be overkill!

All in all - quite liked it and am looking forward to the veg bit next week.

Comment

Well, it's different isn't it - moving with the times and all that...!

I think we can all be guilty of disliking change (progress?!) whatever!

Personally I like Chris Beardshaw (eye candy - I HATE that phrase) and I adore Monty Don (that voice runs up and down my spine!), so the new team will take a while to feel 'right'. But then I felt exactly the same when they moved to Berryfields.....

Comment

OK, I'll say it - well, no, not exactly didn't like it but certainly not convinced.

Despite Toby's sincere introduction that GW would be getting back to basics I found a lot of it aimed at instant gratification/quick results. Do we really now have a society with the attention span of a newt who cannot wait for anything?

Agree with tattieman that the plot is so large it doesn't bear any resemblance to the real world. That shed is larger than some gardens on new housing estates.

I confess, I can remember Percy Thrower at the helm of GW. I also remember when Geoff Hamilton was considered a radical and his no chemicals/organic/feed the soil not the plant ideas were bordering on heresy!

Comment

Don't know if I have taken too many pain killers but
                  How many presenters do they need.
                  What was that scynronisd tree planting about
                  How many doors do you need on a shed. There was more door than walls.
                  Finally what was the woman with the red beard all about.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Pfft what about a blonde Glaswegian....

hahahhahahahahaha on second thoughts NOONE answer that please!!!!
                    Serene she stand amid the flowers,
                    And only count lifes sunny hours,
                    For her dull days do not exist,
                    Evermore the optimist

Comment

Originally posted by BilboWaggins View Post
                      O... shed is larger than some gardens on new housing estates ...
                      Bigger than the 'Shed' that we're currently living in !

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                        'a posh ginger lass with power tools - it doesn't get any better than that'
                        I was in a rush* last night and couldn't get the quote to work - but wanted to grab this bit and say 'your OH isn't a gardener then'

Handbags at the Ready...
                        Noooo, I don't fight - my problem with CTAM is just that, my problem, others love it, I see no point in it - simples

And I leave handbags for the Rugby players

*the downside of being self-employed is working late on your anniversary on a late project and typing into Vine whilst Vine is locking you out (again!) and trying to get something sensible across - ok maybe scratch the sensible
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Think it is an exciting time and loved the shed, i want one!!
                          The sadest thing for me and i know it is silly is that the intro has now removed Monty's hands gardening and that is the last of him from the show, things move on i know but tis sad as i loved his approach to gardening and his gentle voice.
                          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I enjoyed it and even OH watched some of it - probably the lure of Alys! But at least it meant we watched it together at peace!

I suppose it has to be large to give them room to show different things/varieties/techniques. They wouldn't get very far in the normal postage stamp garden or the usual shed - I can barely stand up in mine to avoid the rain!

I always get something from GW, love it when they go 'back to basics' and I pick up on a tip that makes something I do easier or better. It's usually the type of thing that's obvious when someone points it out!
                            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I watched the second half of the programme and thought it was quite good actually.

Think that TB is a bit like a Blue Peter presenter tho, don't like his sort of talking down to you way of things sometimes but he may mellow as he grows (sorry) into the job.

Thought the tree planting thing was silly and as for the shed, well I do have one that big (and a garden that big actually tho far from a blank canvas with all those nicely built new walls and paths on it) loved the re-cycling thing. Carol was as usual excellent and liked Alys dividing the plants, ginger posh bird, well yes but at least she has dirty hands!!!

I also liked the relaxed bit at the end, the what's hot/not thing, much less formal.

But Toby needs to decide whether it's Blue Peter/kids or Gardener's World/adults, I was going to say grown ups but we're not really are we, we still like playing in the mud and dirt

As for the count to a million thread and similar word games, if you have nothing in your life except racking up hits/numbers and being reclassified on a web forum, your garden ain't big enough and you've got too much time on your hands!
                              TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

I missed the first 10 mins,but what I did see was O.K.At times a little awkward,but it's a new format so maybe (just maybe) they were a little awkward???Give it a couple of weeks for them & us to adjust to the new garden & format & I'm sure it will be as great as always!
                                Toby seems to need to build his confidence a bit...but then quite understandable it's had a knock,considering all the negative comments he's had to put up with.....No he's not Monty,but unfortunately Monty needed to move on(hope his health is improving)& Toby was the guy chosen to step in his shoes...pretty tough task,but I'm sure given time he'll step up to the job & prove his worth just as all the others have!
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X